Chpt. 5

The drive home seemed to have Cheered Adrien up that day. He chatted about how happy he was not to be stuck in silent car rides or have to only reply to Natalie. You started seeing new traits to Adrien. You started to see a different person. He always seemed so happy and carefree.

You looked at the boy. Apparently there was a lot to Adrien Agreste that you didn't know. You recalled him being the superhero Chat noir. You decided on not saying anything about it because there's a reason why he didn't tell any of his friends.

Specifically that kind Marinette girl. Who was hopelessly in love with him.

You didn't expect to be annoyed with your cousin when visiting him. You didn't expect him to be a hero at all. He seemed to kill women's hopes.

You stared out the window of the car and watched as the foreign people walked by. You stared and noticed that there were lots of advertisements of your cousin and in at the bottom pit of your stomach, one of the deadly sins grew. It's name was Envy. Then you were reminded of how completely oblivious Adrien Agreste was. The green sin died down and the car pulled up into the Agreste Mansion.

You climbed out with your bags and followed the three. A sickening silence followed you as you climbed the steps. It felt as if it was a tensed scene in a movie, but then afterwards you would all go hug and kiss. Instead it wasn't family reunited, just a cold glance from the man himself.

You silently wished you were home. You nearly sighed out loud as you reminisced about home. You then felt a hole in your chest as you thought about home.

Adrien stood next to you calmly and spoke for you. Suddenly it felt like you couldn't speak anymore, you just felt sick.

Natalie showed you a room next to Adrien's and you nodded. You asked if you could have a few moments alone. You stared at your hands and tiredly closed your eyes afterwards. You fell asleep on the foreign bed.

You dreamt about being home and sitting with your family. You enjoyed the warm nostalgic dreams, until they ended.