III - The Immovable Damsel

Börja om från början

"Good grief."

The outsider cannot pose threat with his own fists, but he can manipulate the others with his own bidding. Amethyst knows. Why wouldn't she? What he was doing—spreading knowledge about science—was the exact thing the village healer used to gain the trust and support of everyone inside the village. Almost everyone.

Soon enough, the outsider will have the village she has been working on eating at his hand in no time. Amethyst chuckled bitterly.

Would I let some stranger take the treasure I have been hunting for the span of half of my life? Hell no.

All of the sudden, the hairs on her neck stood. Cold sweat glided down to her spine. Instincts acting up to protect her life. Sweating profusely, Amethyst looked around for danger. She knew this ambience and silence. The inescapable lurking in the corners. Three pairs of eyes sharper than any predator.

Danger is tamer than her sisters, however.

"You think you can get away so easily from us, Amy-chan~?"

"Fufufu... You were warned, imouto-chan. You need to get that man as your husband before he chases away another skirt!"

"And we're here for you to help you get your man, Amy-chan!'

Send help.

Amethyst can never dare to cross her sisters against these matters, especially about marriage and 'love problems', and she just wished that she could have enjoyed her freedom in her science before going back to the clutches of her sisters. The youngest got no chance to let out a squeak. She is strong, but three sisters with their combined strength and nosiness was nowhere near comparable.

Amethyst just wished this to be over. Surely, their shenanigans would end as the sunrise replaced the moon. Hopefully. She didn't bother fighting away their grabby hands. She tried before, and it ended badly.

"Let's go, imouto-chan! Were gonna make that Senku-kun shellshocked that he'll be begging you to marry him in his knees!" Garnet-nee chirped, pulling peculiar brushes and some kind of powder from their cupboards. Innocent things on their hands but a nightmare to Amethyst.

"What did you just say?" If this was another man her sisters was trying to push onto their youngest sister, Amethyst could have been done with this already by giving what that man wants and move on to her day. No strings attached. Just a relief she finds whenever it's available. But they uttered the outsider's name, and they were not joking behind those saccharide beams.

"Senku-kun~!" Ruby-nee sing-songed, her tone as if correcting a child. "You were interested with him yesterday, and we never saw you interested with everyone before! Plus he already told to us that he wants to talk to you so we're getting you ready!"

The calmest out of the three but still swayed nonetheless, Sapphire-nee, gingerly took one of the headpieces hidden at the cupboards and wore it at the frizz of Amethyst's blonde locks. "He might be interested with you too, Amy-chan. So we're doing this for you because you need some love at your life too."

Oh no.

It's not the fact that the whole village already knew the existence of the outsider scared Amethyst. It was the fact that the outsider targeted her sisters first out of all people. If he knew that they were related to her and is using them to catch the village healer under the bidding of whatever the hell he wants, then he knows exactly what he was doing.