24. Unintentional stage four?

Start from the beginning

"JK?!" he says in confusion and I just stare back at him, slightly scared of what he's going to do.

I don't dare to move in any way, so I still have his wrist in my hand and my other arm around his body. He doesn't move either and just slowly looks further and further down as he starts to realize the position we're in. His cheeks, ears, neck and even chest become a dark shade of pink, and even thought he's beautiful, I understand that it's because he's embarrassed from waking up like this with me. Who knows, maybe he's even disgusted?

"W-what did you do?" he asks and nervously looks at me.

"Me? I didn't do anything. You were here when I woke up."

He looks around the room and comes to the realization that we aren't in his bed. His face scrunches up a bit in confusion as he tries to remember what happened.

"Are you sure you didn't kidnap me from my bed?" he asks thoughtfully.

So just because he can't remember coming here it's suddenly my fault? I should've expected as much. Of course he didn't come here by his own will. It was probably his instincts playing tricks on him or something.

"I don't know how lowly you think of me, but no, I didn't carry you over here while you were sleeping. Don't blame me for this," I answer with a frown and pull away my arms from his waist so that I can get out of bed.

He lets out a tiny whine from the loss of contact and he grabs my arm before I can stand up.

"Don't go," he says, sounding slightly panicked.

"Why wouldn't I? I'm already awake now, so there's no reason for me to stay here."

He thinks hard to try and come up with a reason. He bites down on his lower lip and I'm so incredibly tempted to just let go of everything I'm holding back and kiss him silly. But I won't. There's no point in doing that.

"You've completed stage four," Seokjin says with a fake smile. "I touched you and you didn't react in any weird way. So... congratulations?"

What's he trying to do here? Play it off as if he was just continuing with the training? I guess it's that much fun for him to play around with my feelings. Also what does he mean by 'react in a weird way'? Isn't it normal to react when someone's touching you, especially if it's someone you like? Maybe he already knows I'm attracted to him and is just doing all of this to make fun of me? Maybe... maybe he's not even attracted to alphas at all?! What if he thinks it's hilarious to see me struggle when I can't control myself?!

I suddenly get short on breath from overthinking the situation. I quickly take off the collar to ease my breathing and force myself to calm down. I look over at Seokjin.

"You're still going on about that training thing?" I ask through clenched teeth. "Is this a game to you? Do you enjoy watching me suffer that much?"

His eyes go wide from my accusations and he lets go of my arm.

"JK, what are you talking about? Why would I ever want to see you suffer?"

"Because you keep leading me on, but then you change your mind right after. I don't see the point in why you do all of this unless you want to hurt me. And trust me, I'm hurting! You would have no reason to try and help me with the 'training', since it's already obvious that- That we're... That we're not..."

"We're not... what?" he asks.

I take another deep breath to be able to get the words I don't want to admit out of my mouth.

"That we're not mates. We're not meant for each other."

Seokjin looks like I just beheaded his entire family in front of him before he lowers his head and scoffs at me.