My New Friend

A new student just transferred here today. Her name was Dolly. It fitted her nicely as she looked like a doll. Perfect curly golden hair, crystal clear blue eyes, nice rosy cheeks, red lips, and a soft white skin that looked almost like porcelain. She was very shy and always followed me everywhere. When I asked her why, she just looked at me with those big blue eyes and batted her long eyelashes sadly, she always replied, "You look like my deceased big sister." And then her eyes will started to form tears. I gave in and finally accept the fact that she will be my best friend.

One day, I invited her to my house just for fun. When we were playing, suddenly my mom came home. She looked up and said gleefully, "Oh look! You're big sister's home!" My mom and me laughed at her. "Its my mom." I said. She looked surprised as she said, "Oh, really? But she looked so young!" By the blush on my mom's cheeks, I knew she was flattered.

Then throughout the afternoon, I saw Dolly examining my mom. "She looked so pretty." That's her reply when I asked her. One day, after I came home, I couldn't find my mom anywhere. I shrugged it off thinking she was out. I turned on the TV in time for a show called, 'Dolly Time!' Then there was smoke on the screen and then when the smoke vanished, I saw Dolly sitting on a stool. Oh, I didn't know Dolly have a show. I decided to watch her.

At first she was talking about her new doll and all, so I figured out that she was a ventriloquist. Then she opened her big bag and took out a doll which suspiciously resembled my mom. But its hair were golden brown and my mom's was black. Her eyes were dark blue whereas the doll's were brown. But when I looked closer, I realized that it is my mom.

So I went to her house, which was coincidentally empty and unlocked. I went to a room which looked like Dolly's bedroom and opened the door. To my horror, I found many people, or should I say, dolls, hanging by their neck from the ceiling. Suddenly the door was slammed closed and I saw Dolly smiling sadly at me. "I thought that I finally found a true friend, a friend that wouldn't be so nosy. But now that you've seen this, I can't let you go. You'll be part of my pretty doll collection, aren't you happy?"