Chapter 2; It's Not a Date.

Start from the beginning

 ***
I'd been lurking around the parking lot in search of a certain brown haired grey eyed 6'6ft guy for quite sometime now.

I'd seen no sign of him till I got further and suddenly, a firm hand clamped over my mouth from behind and I was pulled behind a black BMW SUV. Deja vu alright!

I felt my back come in contact with the hard surface of the car and instinctively looked up to find the culprit.

Oddly enough, Ethan seemed to be spotting a playful grin on his face.

I noticed his once grey eyes now looked like glittering silver as they held a mischievous glint and his hair was well tucked into a face cap.

He was impeccably dressed in blue jeans and a black shirt. Though casual, he could give Armani models a run for their money.

He released my mouth and I took note of the ray ban he held. He looked like he was trying to pull off a disguise.

His grin shifted into a smirk as he noticed me staring. My cheeks warmed in embarrassment and I turned away causing his smirk to grow even bigger. Asshole!

"Why are you in a disguise?" Was the first thing out of my mouth.

His grin had long disappeared. He'd taken off his cap and was now running his hands through his hair.

That silk, soft, smooth, hair of his. I imagined running my hands through them while those lush lips of his kissed me into oblivion. Get a grip Kendra!!

"You look beautiful." he commented as his eyes took me in.

I blushed even harder. Compliments were not my specialty when growing up.

I decided to overlook the fact that he completely ignored my question.

"Thanks. So do you..." I mentally face palmed myself, "not that you're beautiful, well you are, I just.. I just meant you look nice." I ranted. Good going Kendra.

"Nice? Just nice? Common. You could say handsome, great, you could even call me beautiful. I won't mind." he teased

"Ya right. Add cocky to that list too." I scoffed

"Hey, chill Okay. Just lightening the mood you looked tense."

"No kidding. Who would be tensed after being pulled behind a car with their mouth clamped shut," I murmured sarcastically

"Yeah, sorry again about that and on Friday too. It was kind of cool though. " he chuckled.

" You just destroyed the word cool." I countered

He laughed. "I like you." He froze.

"I mean I like your sass and sense of humor. I like them." He continued at the same time running his hand through his hair while putting the other in his pocket.

"So... The coat." I let out awkwardly

"The coat. Right!" He went around opening the car door while taking out a dress bag with my coat in it. He had it dry cleaned.

"Don't worry about it. It was nothing compared to your help" he added after noticing my expression as he handed the bag over.

I chuckled, "you make it sound like I did some heroic act instead of a little thing."

He took my unoccupied hand in his and spoke while looking me in the eyes, "It was heroic to me."

I saw the honesty in his eyes. I'd truly helped him out by doing something so little.

In that moment, I felt it. What?, you may ask. So I'll tell you. Butterflies. I felt butterflies and gosh were they excited. My day just became a whole lot better.

"So, um... Apart from returning your coat, I'd like to take you out for a coffee or two. It's my way of saying thank you." He spoke again.

This could go two ways. I'd obviously say yes and this could lead to more or I'd still say yes and this is really just his way of thanking me. Either way I have nothing to lose, I reasoned.

"Sure, a coffee would be nice." I smiled.

"Great, so I'll pick you up tomorrow during your break." He winked and got into his car. He expertly reversed the car with a grace I knew I lacked.

Before he drove off, he lowered his window and spoke, "it's a date, Wilson." And he sped off.

I took me a few seconds to analyze what happened and as I did I could only shout to the retreating vehicle, "It's not a date!!!" 

I'm pretty sure he didn't hear that.

Dress bag in hand, I turned to make my way back to my office and just order lunch.

But before I could, I was intercepted.

"What's not a date? And who the hell was that?" Said the voice.

Hey guys. I promised a shout out to Shreya Sengupta @ Luna graphics for the amazing cover. Check out Luna Graphics Shop and get yours now...

Thank you for taking the time to read. It means a lot.
A very unexpected character would be introduced in the next chapter. Hope you keep reading.

Please please please vote.

Love Joy.