Chapter 2; It's Not a Date.

Start from the beginning

"Okay, who pissed in your cereal this morning?"

"Care to get to the point of this call, Vincent?"

"I did peg you for someone who enjoyed 'foreplay'," his voice dropped "I guess I was wrong. You're pretty straight huh?"he concluded as though all what he said was normal.

I was irritated with sexual innuendos. "Are you done? I need to answer another call." I lied through gritted teeth.

Technically, my break was in the next two minutes.

"I know you're lying, " how?? "I'll get to the point."

"Finally," I groaned.

"I'd like to return your coat Wilson and also thank you for your help. I did have a smooth escape, all thanks to you."

"You're welcome Vincent, but I really don't need the coat. As a doctor, I have plenty. You could just throw it away."

"It's a little late for that Wilson. I'm already at the hospital, so please do me the honor of coming out to get it." His voice left no room for argument though the sentence was pleading in itself.

Come to think of it, how'd he have my office tel.

"You can drop it at the receptionist then. I'll get it there."

"Kendra, stop being stubborn." His voice was stern

"How'd you know my name?" I was in full on panic mode "And how'd you get my number? Please tell me you're not serial killer or something..." I muttered the last part hoping with my fingers crossed.

He laughed. A deep throaty sound that did wonders to my skin. I'm talking of goosebumps people. Shish!

"I actually found your card in your coat pocket. I am also in no way a serial killer. With that being said, could you please come get your coat? I really want to see you but not in the hospital." He explained

For the life of me, I couldn't understand why he wants to see me.

I get that he probably thinks his ex is still around, hence his apprehension to get inside.

Maybe she even works here... I'm already on my break anyway, I'll just get the coat and get lunch at the nearby cafe.

"Fine. I'll be there in five."

"Great, I'm at the employee parking lot." I didn't reply and instead ended the call.

I got up from my seat while straightening my black pencil skirt and tucking in my pale pink blouse. I ditched my comfortable slippers and slipped into my high heeled black strappy sandals.

My hair was still okay in it's ponytail, so I stepped out of the office.

"Liv, I'm out for lunch. What can I get you?" I asked rounding her desk.

"It's okay Ken. Dan's picking me up. Should be here soon." She replied, her nose deep in files.

Daniel or Dan for short was her 3+ year boyfriend who owned the publishing company my ex worked in.

"Okay. Give my love to Dan."

"I will. And don't think you're off the hook with that Vincent guy. His voice sounded like sex itself." Liv and her open mouth.

"Bye Liv. I'll make sure to let Dan know what you said." That made her look up at me as I made my way out laughing.

Dan was a great guy and he treated Liv like a queen. I couldn't hate the guy even for a billion bucks. I've tried.