2

...

Wake up.

I slowly open my eyes, squinting at the bright light greeting me. Sitting up, I hold my head in my hand, using the other to hold myself up. The morning suns light leaks into my room from the window, carefully going around the waving curtains, moved by the wind.

Shifting my body, I move my legs to hang off the bed. I glance to the clock resting on my nightstand. 6:47. I still have a while until school, but I might as well get ready now. Stepping onto the cold floor, I go into the bathroom to take a shower. I turn the knob, causing the shower to spew out hot water. I've always preferred boiling hot water over warm water. I'm not really sure why.

I step into the shower, letting the water hit my body. As I scrub myself down, I think about all the decisions I've made in my life.

What got me here?

It all started when I was in middle school. Everyone always bullied me for being a coward. I'll be honest, I could always figure out that there was a clear difference between myself and other students. I always preferred to be alone, and only hung out with specific people. I didn't even like them, I just found them slightly less annoying than everyone else, and they didn't harass me.

But up until that point, I had never actually done any crime. It wasn't until two years before I went to UA that my life as an anti hero started. It began when I witnessed a hero and a villain fighting. I had seen someone who needed help, so I ran to them. Even though I went to save their life, they pushed me away. Then I was caught by police officers, who scolded me for running into the fight area like that. I'll admit, it was a little bit stupid. But the officers were useless. They were supposed to save people in danger, but a coward like me was the only person who jumped into action.

It wasn't until the hero came up to me. I never learned their name, and I don't care, either. They scolded me for even coming near the area, and proceeded to tell me that risky behavior like that will never get me anywhere in life, only killed. They said that heroes have to be useful to society. I said that heroes are just as violent as villains. I was scolded again by officers. I still don't know why to this day those words triggered me so much. I ended up storming off without another word to them.

And I thought, What makes them any better? They hurt people, too. Even if they commit crimes, villains are just people, too. Why can't any of these fucking morons serve justice correctly?

So I decided to do it myself. It started by just beating people up on the streets on the weekends in a ski mask. Then it turned into carrying a knife and stabbing people on random nights. And now it's murdered both villains and heroes evernight.

Everyone claims that heroes and villains are two different parties. They say that heroes are good and villains are bad. But they're just blind. Both parties are just as bad as the other. They both make terrible decisions. They both hurt people, and only one group is punished for it. That's why I decided to become an anti hero- to serve the justice the government refuses to serve.

I turn the shower off, done cleaning myself. Wrapping a towel around my waist, I walk out of the bathroom and go through my closet, taking out my uniform. I dress into it, then go back into the bathroom.

I take out a small container of hair gel. Before I entered UA, I decided to change my entire appearance. I dyed my hair red and styled it up. I guess it was just because I felt more comfortable if I looked different than I did in middle school. I choose red since it just seemed the coolest to me. And I think it suits me. It's the same color as blood.

After gelling my hair and washing the substance off my hands, I sit back down on my bed. School doesn't start for another hour. I could go down to the common room, but then I'll have to see people. I sigh, standing up and grabbing my bag. I honestly have nothing else to do, so I guess I'll get breakfast and maybe see if the Bakusquad is downstairs. I leave the room, locking the door behind me and walking down the hallway to the elevator.

The Bakusquad is made up of a few people. Myself, Mina Ashido, Denki Kaminari, Hanto Sero, and Katsuki Bakugou. It's obviously named after Bakugou, which is kind of ironic since he wants nothing to do with us. He's kind of an asshole, but everyone else seems to like him, so I have to pretend to like him as well.

I step out of the elevator, plastering a smile on my face. I'm not actually happy about anything.At the beginning of the year, I decided that I would change my personality to change myself from middle school. However, my foolish self decided that I would be some carefree, always happy weirdo. So now I'm stuck with using this persona for the rest of my life, probably. If I even become a pro hero.

I walk into the kitchen, seeing none other than the Bakusquad sitting at the island. Bakugou is nowhere to be seen, as per usual. I open the cabinet, taking out a box of cereal. A voice behind me speaks up. "Hey, Kiri! How'd you sleep?" That's Mina, the one I was talking about earlier. Interestingly enough, she's from my old school. Which means she knows about the type of person I was then. We both promised to never speak of that again, and I'm thankful for that.

"Bro, I slept like a baby!" I say, pulling out a bowl and milk from the fridge. I notice Bakugou walks into the room. I avert eye contact, focusing on making breakfast for myself. After fixing together the meal, I scoop out the soggy flakes and shove it into my mouth. Denki sighs. "Really? Something was making a ton of noise outside. I couldn't sleep at all. Like, they were laughing or something." I choke on the cereal, causing everyone to look my way.

"Something wrong?" Sero asks. I shake my head. "No no, I'm good! Just surprised me, because I thought I heard laughing in my dream. The noise outside must've entered my dream." I lie, hoping they'll believe the bullshit I'm spewing from my mouth. Denki nods his head, I guess he's believing it? I'm not even surprised. Mina and Sero seem to be going with it, too. But Bakugou is giving me a suspicious look. He looks away, grabbing an apple off the counter and walking away, probably to class. "Anyways, we should go to class, right?" I ask, picking up my bag from the ground. Everyone nods, while Denki sighs. We all walk out of the dorm building, talking about whatever on our way to UA.

As everyone spoke to each other, I zone out a little. If Denki heard me laughing outside, other people must've as well. I was laughing simply because I felt like it. Maybe I have some problems in my head...

It's gonna be one hell of a day...