Four

What the hell was he doing here?

Part of me wants to go up to him and hug him to death, but the other part wants me to leave and act like I never saw him, never even met him. But Mother Nature has another plan stored. Chance turns around and spots me starring at him like a idiotic fool.

His bright blue eyes literally pop out as his jaw hits the floor. Not really. He quickly runs over to me, and engulfs me a big bear hug. "Hope! I thought I was never going to see you again!"

"Yeah, uh can't breathe", I awkwardly reply, tapping his suited covered back. He realizes he gripping onto me too tight and lets go a little, arms still wrapped around my waist. "I'm so happy I saw you. What in the world are you doing here?"

"Um.." Think of something! "Better question, what are you doing here?"

"I got a call from the principal, Mr. Shaw. He wants to talk to me about my nephew who goes to school here. Anyway, do you work here?" Does it look like I work here? For goodness sake, man, Im wearing jeans and a t-shirt! Do you think I am suitable for teaching?

"Yeah, something like that." Hey, I'm not lying I'm just 'bending' the truth.

More like snapping it in half...

"Do you know my nephew? He surely would be in one of your classes. His name is Keith Richards." What! Oh hell no! "Of course I do! He is such an as-amazing kid. Very...smart," I reply awkwardly, trying to pry a smile onto my face.

A grin grew upon his face,"So, do you want to ditch this place?"

Maybe it was the fact that I'm not good at socializing with others, or the fact that I had an extreme make out session with the man in front of me less than a week ago.
"What about Mr. Shaw?"

"Hm, he can wait another day! Come, lets get out of here." I hesitantly walk with him out the doors. My mind is swirly with many thoughts right now. This couldn't be that bad, right? I would be home soon anyway.

We casually walked to his car, which is a different one from last week that I remember. We quickly get in and in no time we are speeding down the highway. I roll down my window and let the breeze flow on my face and through my hair.

We soon arrive to a cute little 50's themed diner called 'Kats'. Walking in, I notice there is about two people in this small restaurant, considering we are on the outer side of city.

"Hi, how may I help y'all this lovely day?" a pretty girl around her early twenties asked in a thick country accent. We had seated ourselves in a comfy booth.

I give her a warming smile,"Can I have a Dr. Pepper?"

"And for you, young man?" she turned to Chance. What surprised me is that she didn't give him a flirtatious smile or anything, then I realized she had a gold band on her finger.

"I'll have a Coke."

"Alrighty, I'll be back," she says, leaving menus for us to look over.

While looking in the menu, it started to lower, only to realize that its Chance putting down out of my hands. "So, you never called me or anything."

"Oh yeah, about that," I pause to think of a lie,"I lost the paper."

Giving out a manly chuckle, he replies,"How unfortunate."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Lets just say, most women like you wouldn't want to miss an opportunity with a hot guy like me." Self centered much?

"Your probably right, but you've foolishly misjudged me."

"How so?"

I was going to give him an answer when the lady came back with our drinks.

"Ok here y'all go. Now what are y'all gonna order?"

Chance spoke up first, "We'll have two chocolate shakes, two burgers with everything and a side of fries."

She turned to leave and I was sitting there with my mouth open wide. He actually ordered for me. I've never met a guy kind enough to order for his date. How sweet. We soon got into a conversation about the upcoming Indianapolis 500 happening in this spring.

"Okay tell me, how are you so interested in cars?" Chance questioned me.

"Well it started when I was little. My grandpa owned an auto repair shop, so he would take me there all the time to teach me how to repair a car just in case for future preferences. He would also take me to Indianapolis every few years to see the cars race and bid with each other to see who would win. Of course, he would still give me the little cash he bid. Anyways, that all stopped when I was around 15. He got sick, really sick and the doctors couldn't find what was wrong. So eventually they gave him an estimation of how long he was to live, which was a year at most," I pause, taking a deep breathe not to let the tears fall.

"We don't need to talk about this if it makes you uncomfortable..."

"No its alright. He had one thing he really wanted to do before his life ended. Teach me how to drive. Well, it wasn't just any driving, because I already knew how to drive, but race car driving." By now I can feel the tears brimming my eyes, causing me to stop my story. My grandpa was a father figure to me since I never actually had a father in my life. My real father had died in a car accident when I was a tiny baby. So my grandparents had moved from Nebraska to help out my mom.

"Do you know how to drive a race car?" Chance asks unexpectedly.

"What?"

"I said, 'do you know how to drive a race car?" he repeats.

"Well, yes. I was taught everyday."

"Then come with me."

And with that we left. Without even eating our food.

~~~

She has finally updated! Rejoice! Rejoice!

I'm sorry I haven't updated...I'm very lazy

I don't know if I'm heading too fast on this book or not, so please give me feedback!

Thanks to all those who has voted and for your support!

I'm using Ian Somerhalder as Chance. Gosh he is so hot...

Please:

Comment

Vote

Follow

Lillian