One

5

4

3

2

1

As the last bell rings of yet another class day, I finish scribbling my calculus notes down on a piece of paper. The class is really hard this semester and I promised myself I wouldn't have a mental breakdown halfway through. Hence the reason I try to cram as much annotations on a single paper a student could possibly do.

I stand up and neatly pile my papers into my folder and go to my locker. I smile as I see my friend, Megan, casually leaning against it. She is typing on her phone, so she doesn't see me pop up behind her.

"Boo!"

"Ah!" Megan flings her hands in the air, letting go of her device, and falls into the lockers. "Jesus Chri-"

The sound of her device smashing onto the ground makes me crack up into fits of laughter.

"Hope!" Megan starts to run over to the other side of the hallway where her phone lays.

"You better pray that my baby is oka-" She pauses. "Oh my God! The screen is shattered! Look what you've done!"

Megan shoves the phone into my hands. I stare at the piece of metal in my hands. If you look closely, the screen is cracked.

"This is classic! Wow. I'm just that good." My laughter dies out, and I remember Megan's face and start to laugh again. This is a precious moment that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

"Will you shut up? This is a serious matter and my mom will probably freak!" Megan yells.

"Take a chill pill," I smoothly laugh out. "I've got you covered. My cousin can repair easily. No cost. And I'm sorry for scaring you."

"Yeah, yeah. Come on, I want to go home," she mutters. I nod my head in agreement. Finishing with my locker, we walk out into the parking lot where other students are getting into their cars. We get in Megan's car (because I, unfortunately, don't have one) and start to whiz pass other cars down the highway. Megan and I make our way to her house for our regular Friday night hangout.

When we were at a red light, Megan says, "So Hope, since Monday is your birthday, I think we should celebrate tonight. I think it would be kinda a weird to celebrate on a Monday and since we're already together, we should just do it now."

I nod my head in agreement. "Yeah, that'll be fun."

She lightly punches me in the arm. "Could you be any more enthusiastic?"

"No, not really." I smile at her playfully.

Megan suggests, "How about we go to Maine Street to shop and look around. I'll buy you an outfit."

"Yeah! I love Maine Street."

Maine Street is a really cool strip of malls and little shops down by the riverfront. It's been there since the eighteenth century and all the shops are old houses. I love walking into them and to think that a family actually lived there once.

Instead of taking the usual right turn to go to her house, she keeps going straight towards our destination.

When we get there, it's really pretty with the fall decorations out on every building. We enter in and out of the shops and I eventually got a cute outfit and Megan and I stopped for ice cream at a parlor. The line was long (as usual, it's a pretty popular place with their great ice cream and sweets), but I get chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream in a waffle come and Megan gets a bag of chocolate covered pretzels.

We are sitting on a bench talking when I notice a very important man that I know walk right in front of us. His tall build covered in a (probably expensive) grey suit, his dark hair and chiseled features could give away his identity anywhere. Chance Convey, best race car driver in America and holds the fastest time recorded in the Indie 500. And to put it simply: he was a complete sex god. He was my celebrity crush ever since I saw him in a magazine.

And I'm not going to let him get away without giving me an autograph.

Okay, that sounded like a creeper, so to put it normal: I want to get an autograph before I never get to see him in real life again.

So I stand up and hand my cone to Megan before fast walking down the sidewalk where he is heading. I want to act normal so I start to walk beside him as if I were to try and get around. Then I turn my head to look at him and I pretend to recognize him. I stop walking and say, "Oh, hi! You're Chance Convey, right?"

He smiles a perfect smile with his perfect teeth and nods his head. "Yes I am. Its funny seeing you recognize me, not many ladies like you would know a man like me."

"Well I work at an auto body repair shop, so I have an interest in cars. And watching them race is pretty cool too. And you're, like, the best racer ever so I-oh. I'm sorry I'm totally being an annoying fan girl right now." I feel my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

He lets out a laugh and waves his hand. "No, no. Its alright. Its cool seeing a girl talk about working in an auto shop. It's rare."

I smile. "Could I get a picture? I'm sorry this is probably really annoying, but you're here in person and I might not get this opportunity again," I ask.

Then he smiles. "Yes, of course. Anything for a fan."

I take out my phone and snap a quick photo of him and I. We then say our goodbyes and part ways. Probably the coolest, yet embarrassing moment that has happened to me.

I get back to Megan to find what was left of my cone now gone. "Hey! Where is my ice cream?"

She looks at me with a guilty expression and says, "Its was melting all over my hand and so I ate it!"

I'm in too good of a mood to even care so I laugh at her.

~~~

Hello readers!

I REWROTE THIS CHAPTER ENTIRELY SO THE NEXT CHAPTERS MIGHT BE A LITTLE CONFUSING, JUST BEWARE.

Woohoo first chapter! I hope you guys like it.

Comment!

Vote!

Lillian