The butterflies in my stomach awakened and I felt giddy.

Steve took my bouquet. "Let's get you married." He grinned and I smiled, nodding. 

He held out his arm and I hooked mine through it. Since I still had one arm, he offered to carry the bouquet for me while I held onto his arm. I sent him one last smile and he nodded assuringly.

He took me to the exit of the hut and the doors opened, revealing a long path down the field that was mapped out by flower petals. 

The grass tickled my ankles as Steve and I slowly walked down the aisle. The people sitting on the white chairs all rose up and turned to me. I saw Wanda Maximoff, Shuri, T'Challa, Okoye, Nakia, Queen Mother and at the end of the aisle, right next to the officiant, stood my fiancé and soon-to-be husband. He smiled broadly when we locked eyes and I couldn't help the tears that watered my eyes.

Sam Wilson stood next to him, smiling too. Bucky had asked him to be his Best Man since Steve walked me down the aisle. America stood on my side, smiling. 

We reached the end of the aisle and Steve handed me over to Bucky, patting his shoulder and giving the bouquet to America before sitting down next to Wanda on the front row. My hand was firmly in Bucky's as he gazed down at me with a loving look in his eyes. I smiled and he did the same. "You look beautiful," he whispered and my cheeks heated up.

"Dearly beloved," the officiant started and the small crowd sat down. "We are gathered here today to celebrate the union between Anna Rogers and Bucky Barnes. Born 100 years ago, Anna and Bucky have been through quite a lot. They went from strangers to friends, to best friends and eventually, to lovers, which is why we are here today. I sat down with Anna a few days ago to talk about today, and she told me that when she couldn't trust her own mind, she knew she could trust Bucky.

"No matter what the future will bring, when a couple survives a past like theirs, you know it has to be true love." 

Bucky squeezed my hand and I did the same. 

"Marriage is not something to be taken lightly, but thoughtfully and seriously, and with a deep realization of its obligations and responsibilities," the officiant continued. "Anna and Bucky have each prepared their own vows. Anna, would you like to start?" 

I nodded and cleared my throat. "Bucky, my love. 80 years ago, my life was ripped away from me. You were ripped away from me. I didn't know who I was, where I was, or where I could go. Then I escaped and fled to Europe. You had not given up on me, so you came looking for me. You found me and helped me find myself again. I was found." I paused as a lump formed in my throat. "You have shown me love, kindness, and forgiveness like no other soul on this planet, and I want to thank you for that. I promise, from this day forward, to love you endlessly and unconditionally." 

He smiled, squeezed my hand and wiped away the stray tear that slid down his cheek.

"Anna, the day you fell from that train was the day my whole world fell apart. I lost the light in my life. I didn't know where to go because you had guided me in the right direction my whole life. And then I found you again in Bucharest. You looked as beautiful as ever and I knew I had to hold onto you. I needed to find you and bring back the Anna I once knew. Your smile instantly makes my day a hundred times better and I can't live another day without it. I promise to stand by your side, no matter what life throws our way. I promise to love you and never make you feel alone again. That's my promise to you and our future family." 

Now it was my turn to wipe away my tears and Steve handed me his handkerchief. Bucky and I both laughed as I tried getting rid of the tears while keeping my makeup in place. 

"And now," the officiant spoke. "James Buchanan Barnes, do you take Anna to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honour, cherish, and protect her, forsaking all others, and holding onto her until death do you part?"

Bucky smiled. "I do." 

"Anna Sarah Rogers, do you take Bucky to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honour, cherish, and protect him, forsaking all others, and holding onto him until death do you part?" 

I smiled. "I do." 

"Anna and Bucky will now exchange rings as a symbol of love and commitment to each other," the officiant continued. Ilanga came scurrying forward after Shuri released her. I giggled and bent down, retrieving the rings from the ribbon that was loosely around her neck. I scratched her behind her ear and she lay down by my feet. I rose back up, handing Bucky my ring. 

"Your wedding rings are special. They enhance who you are. They mark the beginning of your long journey together. Your wedding ring is a circle, a symbol of never-ending love. It is the seal of the vows you have just taken to love each other without end," he said. "Bucky, please place the ring on Anna's finger and repeat after me." 

"As a sign of my love that I have chosen you. Above all else, with this ring, I thee wed," Bucky said, never for a second breaking eye contact as he slid the ring on my finger. 

"Anna, please place the ring on Bucky's finger and repeat after me," the officiant said to me. 

"As a sign of my love that I have chosen you. Above all else, with this ring, I thee wed," I told Bucky, placing the ring around his finger. 

"By the power vested in me by the nation of Wakanda and King T'Challa, it is my absolute honour and delight to pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," the officiant said and Bucky didn't hesitate to take my face in his hands and pull me into a deep and passionate kiss. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr and Mrs Barnes!" the officiant called out and applause exploded around us, Steve clapping loudest of all.

Bucky pulled back, breathing heavily. "We're married," he said softly. 

I giggled. "We're married," I agreed, pulling him close for another kiss.