The Hot Jerk Falls For The Hot Nobody 30

Chapter 30

Surprises

            Dr. Howard came by to check in on Juliette later in the day. She made a general checkup on her, and when she had signed Juliette’s record sheet, she gave the go signal for Juliette to be checked out in the same day.

            About five minutes later, they were on their way back home.

            “Where’s the rest of your family?” Juliette asked, noticing that they were the only ones in the van.

            “Oh, they went home ahead of us,” Skye chuckled. “They said they have something to prepare for you.”

            Something tells Juliette that she’s in for a surprise.

            “Skye? What aren’t you telling me?” Juliette asked anxiously.

            Skye squeezed Juliette’s hands gently.

            “Relax,” Skye assured. “They know all about it. They are just simply thrilled. Mom was even so smug about being a grandma, and dad’s just so happy for us, like he always is. And then Alex and Claire kept on nagging me about being the godparents of our twins.”

            “They seem to be more excited that we do,” Juliette chuckled.

            “It seems so,” Skye agreed. “Oh, and give this to Arv,” he added on as Skye handed her a tub of chocolate ice cream. “He missed his favorite big sis.”

            Skye parked the van into the garage. He went out first, then he came round and opened Juliette’s door.

            “Prepare yourself,” Skye teased as he opened the door to the house.

            Party poppers popped loudly around her, and a flash of a camera blinded them both momentarily.

            “Surprise!” Alex, Claire, Arvin, Mr. and Mrs. West said out loud.

            “Oh, my…” was all that Juliette can say. She was, indeed, surprised.

            The living room was full of what appears to be baby things; there were bottles and baby sheets and a baby tub and anything you could possibly think of when you’re having a baby.  And then the most sumptuous meal wafted from the dining room.

            The first arms to hug her were that of Mrs. West.

            “Thank goodness you’re okay,” Mrs. West said in relief. “We thought you and the baby were in danger when Skye called us to bring you to the hospital.”

            “Sorry ‘bout that,” Juliette said apologetically.

            “Well, the past is in the past,” Mr. West boomed merrily. “And now we should celebrate! Gracious me, you’re having twins!”

            “Yeah, and we want to be the godparents,” Alex chimed in, putting an arm around Skye and Juliette.

            “We would be hurt if we don’t get to be godparents,” Claire pretended to frown.

            “Oh, geez, okay, you can be the god mother, and your BF here,” she turned to Alex. “Well let’s just hope he’s behaved enough to be a godfather.”