The Hot Jerk Falls For The Hot Nobody 24

Chapter 24

Home

            Juliette and Skye were sitting in commercial class in a flight going to Los Angeles, Skye’s home city. Juliette kept on yawning and drifting in and out of sleep.

            “Are you okay?” Skye asked.

            “What?” Juliette asked sleepily, not quite hearing Skye’s question.

            “I said are you okay?” Skye repeated.

            “Yeah, I’m okay,” Juliette answered as she stifled another yawn. “I’m just feeling so tired for some reason.”

            “Did you sleep late again last night?” Skye asked, his tone reprimanding.

            “I slept at nine sharp,” Juliette answered pointedly.

            “Oh, right,” Skye said, remembering.

            The flight attendant announced their take-off in just a short while, and the both of them buckled in. minutes later, they were up in the air.

            It was quite a long flight, about five hours and forty-five minutes, so Juliette had plenty of time to rest, and so was Skye.

            It was around lunch time when they came round, and Juliette’s stomach grumbled loudly. Skye snickered.

            “Hey,” Juliette said, unable to stop laughing with Skye. “I’m a human after all.”

            “Point taken,” Skye agreed, and he called the attendant.

            “Can I have a chicken sandwich?” Skye asked.

            “Right away, sir,” the attendant replied with a coy smile. “And what about for your sweetheart?”

            “Hotdog sandwich. Make it three,” Juliette said.

            “I’ll be back in a minute with your orders,” the attendant bowed and left.

            Skye raised an eyebrow.

            “What?” Juliette asked.

            “Hotdog sandwich again?” Skye asked incredulously. “You’ve been eating it since Christmas!”

            “So?” Juliette retorted. “I have cravings, and I happen to crave much for it.”

            Skye had no reply to that, and he just kept silent, not wanting to have an argument before Juliette could meet his parents.

            The orders came two minutes later, and Juliette wolfed down hers before Skye could have half of his chicken sandwich.

            Skye leaned in.

            “I can’t have my girlfriend go fat when she comes to me my parents,” Skye teased.

            To that, Juliette stuck her tongue out, a mischievous expression on her face. Skye laughed.

            After they had lunch, Juliette fell asleep again, and this time, she was snoring.

            Geez, you sure could snore… Skye thought smugly. Now that he thought of it, it was the first time he heard her snore, as she did not usually snore. Odd…