Trapped

Jongin

If I wasn't already completely trapped by my one-sided love, I surely was now. I could have done any other thing to help him -- pull him into a random store or just leave the mall altogether -- but I chose to go with that because I figured it'd be the only time in my life that I would get to. He seemed more affected by it than I thought he would be. I never expected him to actually kiss me back.

I tried to pass it off as nothing in front of him, though, so that things would remain not complicated. He was already dealing with a lot with Ryeowook he didn't need his best friend's feelings for him to make things even more difficult.

"Good morning, hyung," I said as I walked out of my room.

"M-Morning," he said. He had become more skittish around me in the following days, which I partially took as a compliment to my kissing abilities.

"Are you okay, hyung? You seem jumpy," I questioned, twisting my head slightly as I looked at him.

"Jumpy? I'm jumpy? I didn't think I was jumpy," he replied, causing me to furrow my eyebrows suspiciously.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I'm...good."

"You wouldn't happen to be thinking about the kiss, would you?" I asked, now fully turned around. He faced me, his eyes slightly widened and his cheeks lightly shaded with red.

"K-Kind of," he stuttered. "I guess I just wasn't expecting you to do that."

"Well, you wanted me to cover for you, right?"

"Y-Yeah, I just wasn't expecting it to be like that."

"Oh, sorry then. I didn't know what you wanted me to do."

"No, it's fine. You don't have to apologize," he said, shaking his head. "It was....nice." I looked at him with confusion occupying my face. He blushed even more and I smirked once he realized what he said. "I-I meant it was nice of you to kiss me. You know, to help me."

"Oh right. Yeah," I said, trying to prevent my grin from growing. "It was my pleasure." He smiled shyly and looked down. Just then, my phone vibrated with a text from Sehun.

From: Evil Maknae
Wanna go get some lunch? Yeol and Baek are going
Sent: 11:47 a.m.

To: Evil Maknae
Sure. Where?

Sent: 11:48 a.m.

From: Evil Maknae
Some new place near the shop
Sent: 11:50 a.m.

To: Evil Maknae
K. Be there soon

Sent: 11:51 a.m.

"Hey, Sehun invited me out for lunch. Want to come along?" I asked him after I put my phone in my pocket.

"No, you go ahead," he said, seeming to be more calm now. "I have some manuscripts to read for work. Maybe next time.

"Okay," I said as I went back into my room to change clothes. I headed into the bathroom to fix my hair and wash up a little before going back out into the main living area. "I'll be back in a bit," I said, sliding my arms into the sleeves of my jack by the door.

"Alright," he said. I took the keys off the hook near the door.

"Hey, let me ask you something," I said, leaning against the door. He looked at me without saying a word. "Do you think I'm a good kisser?" I asked, partially to tease him but also just because I was curious. He got that nervous look on his face again that made me smirk in amusement.

Kyungsoo

"Do you think I'm a good kisser?" Jongin asked me right as he was about to leave. My heart started to race and my face warmed up immediately. He was just standing against the door, a smile pulling on one corner of his mouth.

"D-Do I have to answer that?" I said, attempting to cover up my anxiousness.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna let you not answer," he said, his smile only growing. I mentally sighed. 

My feelings had managed to become a giant tangled mess ever since the kiss actually happened. I never thought it was possible to have those types of feelings for my best friend, especially since I was still technically with Ryeowook. But I guess it is possible for feelings to change, for people to change.

"Y-Y-Yes," I muttered. "II think that you are a good kisser." The words slowly left my mouth and he just smiled even more.

"Cool, thanks," he said as he turned around and headed back towards the door. "Later, hyung." The door shut loudly behind him.

"Ugh," I groaned loudly as I rested my elbows on the counter. What the hell was going on inside my heart?

++++++++

Jongin still wasn't back when my phone rang a few hours later. I looked at the caller I.D., thinking it was probably him having car troubles or something. I was actually rather surprised to see it was Ryeowook since it had been a little bit more than a week since he last called.

"Hey, I wasn't expecting to hear from you," I said upon answering.

"Yeah, well, I wasn't really expecting to have time to call you either," he said, making me laugh a little.

"So, what's up?" I asked.

"I, uh, I just wanted to see you. I miss you," he said, a hint of hesitance in his voice. "I'm not busy right now and she's still stuck at work, so I could take you to an early dinner if you want."

I found myself hesitant to answer for the first time since we started seeing each other. I wondered if Jongin would be okay with it. But I quickly shook my head. It wasn't like Jongin was my boyfriend. 

"Okay," I said. "I'd like that."

"Great, I'll pick you up in like an hour, alright?"

"I'll be ready."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." I smiled and set my phone on the coffee table, getting up to take the manuscripts back to my room so I could start getting ready.

The closer the clock got to his arrival, the more excited I became. Maybe I would come back home with good news.