The Bridge

Asano shivered as the cold night air blew past him, memories of the day's events still fresh in his mind. Despite the turmoil of thoughts and emotions going through his head, his face was blank. He had lost. He still couldn't wrap his head around what had happened. His father hit him. No, that man was not his father, his father was kind and caring, not at all like the monster he had become. He didn't want to go home, so he kept walking, deep in thought, wherever his legs were taking him. Only when the sun was completely gone did he look stop walking. He looked around to see he was at the park he used to play in when he was little. His mother used to take him here, back when they were still a family. Back when he was happy. He walked through the park reliving he memories of what now seemed so long ago. The hill where they held a picknick on his fifth birthday, The tree he used to hide in whenever he didn't get his way and finally the bridge that connected the park to the road on the other side of the river where his father once took him fishing. Nowadays the only thing that mattered was trying to make his father proud, but now he saw that was never going to happen. When he lost to E-class he'd expected his father to be mad and disappointed but when he first looked him in the eyes after getting the test results was frustration. He didn't care about him, he only cared about his stupid school. Gakushuu suddenly realized tears were falling down his face. he looked down into the water flowing beneath the bridge. After everything that happened, he should be angry, angry at his father for never being there for him, angry at his mother for leaving them and angry at himself for being a failure but instead, he was just tired. He was tired and sad and he just wanted it to end, so without thinking he climbed over the bridge's railing and let himself fall.

Alright, so here is the first chapter rewritten. let me know what you think and if you think I have improved.