Chapter 7

It has been over two weeks since Luke and Ashton last had a decent conversation. Luke notices that Ashton never goes to the cafeteria anymore during lunch and that honestly bothers the blond. Now he doesn't know where he is at school.

Even Michael has been avoiding Luke, but Luke doesn't blame his friend. He even tells Calum to go and hang out with Michael instead, because Michael needs Calum way more than Luke does.

So now Luke is sitting alone at a lunch table while his two best friends are elsewhere, chatting like nothing has happened at all. Luke pushes the lettuce in his salad around, letting out a heavy sigh. He hasn't been feeling very hungry lately; the most he'd do is take one or two bites out of his food and then throw the rest away.

Luke decides that he's done with lunch for the day, so he picks whatever food of his he hasn't eaten yet and takes it over to the trash bin. He throws it away and heads out of the cafeteria. He doesn't feel like going to the rest of his classes, so he chooses to skip the rest of the day and go home.

While walking outside of the school building he hears some kind of moaning sound coming from the side and Luke, being the curious being he is, investigates the noise. And he immediately regretted doing so.

Luke spots Ashton, the shorter boy's back to him while his body pushes another's up against the wall. The person's legs are wrapped around Ashton's waist and the wavy haired boy thrusts into the person.

Every moan that left Ashton or the other person stung Luke in the heart and the taller boy wanted nothing more than to leave.

So that's what Luke does: he flees from the scene.

------

Luke's sitting on his bed, his mind plagued with the unwanted thoughs of Ashton having sex with someone else. Even though Luke hardly knows the shorter guy, jealousy fills every part of his body. Although Luke didn't like seeing Ashton with whomever that person was, he has no say in whom Ashton has sex with, because Ashton doesn't belong to him.

Luke isn't Ashton's boyfriend and Ashton isn't his. So why would he even be jealous in the first place?

The blond scoffs to himself. "This is so stupid," he mutters. "So fucking stupid."

He searches around his bed for his blanket and then curls himself up in it. He decides that he wants to watch something on Netflix, since he doesn't want to do whatever homework he has and it's a Friday. He pulls up The Starving Games, because he feels as if he needs a good laugh at something.

When the movie finally starts Luke feels his phone vibrating beside him. He picks it up and glances down at the screen, seeing it's Michael. He raises his eyebrow, because he thought Michael was ignoring him. However, Luke picks up anyway.

"Yeah?" he casually says into the phone.

"Luke, it's me." In a way, Luke's disappointed to hear that it wasn't Michael.

"Hey, Calum. What is it?"

"Michael and I are going out tonight to watch a movie. Do you want to join us?"

"Are you sure Michael wants me to come along?"

"Um, hold on." The other end is silent and then Calum speaks again, but in a softer voice. "He's the one who wanted me to invite you, but he's too stubborn to call you himself."

A smile forms on Luke's lips. He's relieved to know that Michael isn't entirely mad at him. He's only upset that Luke didn't listen to him.

Stubborn Michael, though. Luke rolls his eyes, because it's not unusual, but he's still smiling. "Whatever. I'll be at the theaters soon."

"It's the one closest to your place, by the way. We'll see you there!" Calum hangs up first without hearing Luke's goodbye and then the blond pushes his phone into his pocket, removing the blanket from around him and shutting his laptop.

------

"Over here!" Luke hears someone call out as he turns himself around to see his two best friends approaching him. "We're going to watch Ouija."

"Um, why?" Luke asks nervously, shifting uncomfortably on his feet.

"Michael's suggestion. Anyway, we already got tickets. Let's go!" Luke glances over at Michael and sees that Michael's glaring at him. He knows Luke doesn't like scary movies, so was this supposed to be pay back for not listening to him?

Everything clicks together. Michael is still mad at Luke and only invited him just so he could freak out and watch a scary movie for an hour. This was some sort of punishment and Luke doesn't like it one bit.

When the three get seats in the back of the theater. Calum sits in between Luke and Michael and seems completely oblivious to the fact that Luke's already scared, despite the fact that the trailers aren't even playing yet.

The blond immediately pulls his feet onto the seat and hugs his knees close to him.

"You scared?" sniggers a voice and it wasn't Calum. Luke glances over at whomever was talking to him and his eyes widen when he sees the person's face.