Chapter 5

"Did you go to Ashton's house?" Luke hears Calum ask him the following day at lunch as the two are sitting at a circular table.

Before Luke could even answer Michael arrives at the table and sits beside Calum. He immediately snaps his mouth shut before he could say anything and tries to occupy himself by stuffing his face with salad.

"How's your day so far?" Michael questions to both of his friends.

"Horrible," Calum answers, groaning. "I'm already given a project that's due this upcoming Friday. Not cool."

"Yeah, well have fun with that. Luke?"

The blond glances up at his red haired friend. "Hmm?" he hums before forcing his salad down his throat.

"Anything interesting happen with you lately?"

"Oh, no. Just the same old stuff."

"I see." Luke shoves another forkful of salad into his mouth to prevent from talking anymore. Michael sighs, shakes his head, and then stands up.

"I'm going to get some food," he announces, standing up and and heading for the line. Calum waves goodbye at him and then he turns his attention to Luke.

"You went to Ashton's house, didn't you?" Calum says. Since Luke still has food in his mouth he nods. "Didn't Michael tell you he isn't a good person?"

"You don't know him," Luke snaps defensively after he swallows his food. "How can you say he's not a good person, if you don't know him yourself?"

"A lot of people say that he isn't good. I'm just relying on what others say."

"Stop it. Judge him after you know for sure who he is."

"Well, what do you think of him?"

Luke pauses, because, truthfully, he doesn't know what to think of Ashton. He starts listing off some things he knows about him to himself.

Ashton's hot, short tempered, and has a strong dislike towards those who are taller than he is. According to the wavy haired boy, he's excellent in bed, but he refuses to do anything with Luke.

Luke sees Ashton carrying his lunch and walking over to a table has no one there. The blond stands from his spot and excuses himself from Calum.

"I'll be right back," he says and Calum nods, not paying much attention. Then Luke walks over to Ashton.

The wavy haired boy catches sight of Luke and groans to himself when the blond sits across from him.

"So you're still going to bug me?" Ashton asks and Luke nods.

"Yes," he says. "I really want to get to know you, and the only way for me to do that is to bug you."

"You're a really persistent one, aren't you?"

Again, Luke nods. "How about you and I go somewhere after school?" the blond suggests. "I'll introduce you to my friends. One of them doesn't think you're good, but I'd rather get to know you first before I judge you."

Ashton sends a fond smile in Luke's direction. "You're a good guy, you know that?" He takes a bite out of his lunch.

"I just don't think it's right to judge just from what others say about you."

Before Ashton can take a bite out of his food again he shuts his mouth and looks back up at the blond. "What... have been people saying about me?"

Luke shrugs. "I don't know. You can ask my friend, if you want."

"Oh. Sure." Ashton sets his food down and sighs. "I haven't even been here for a week and people are already spreading rumors about me. Wow."

"Yeah, but whatever it is, I don't believe them." Luke smiles at Ashton. "Besides, you don't seem bad to me at all so far."

The wavy haired boy picks his food up again and starts eating it. "You have to know me first before you can say anything, Luke."

Luke's grin grows wider. "I know, and I look forward to learning more about you, Ashton."