twenty two - a steamy shower

amanda
—————

my thoughts raced circles through my head as i approach the large house in front of me.

colson's house.

more importantly at this moment, rook's house.

yeah i know what you're all thinking.

"why the fuck is she there?!"

well, if i'm honest, i'm not even sure.

i know i shouldn't be here, it could ultimately ruin my whole life.

the life that i was so lucky to have, and to gain from being with colson.

but something about what's going on with rook intrigues me.

not in a 'i wanna fuck him' kinda way, but in a 'why are you acting like this' way.

it's hard being close with someone you haven't known long because you can't tell any of their signs.

for example if stassie was upset i'd easily know because she always has a hot coffee at night while watching gossip girls.

like it's her tell.

so being friends with rook now, and seeing him act this way, it concerns me.

and i know i should tell colson because he's like rook's brother and would know what's up, but i don't want to worry him.

shaking my thoughts, i unlock the front door and walk inside.

yup, i have a key, and yes i know how deep i'm in with colson.

don't remind me.

the house is quiet, chillingly quiet.

no tvs are on, no lights, and on top of it, it's been pouring all morning.

it doesn't even sound like anyone is home.

i make my way up the stairs and down the hall, stopping at the door at the end of it.

rook's door.

it's closed so i don't know if i should knock, or just open it.

setting my better judgement aside, i open the door slowly.

when i peered into the room, i noticed that it was empty.

"that's weird." i thought to myself.

well at least that's what i thought until i heard the faint sound of water coming from the bathroom.

i entered his room fully and curiosity got the better of me.

i know it's the stupidest thing i could do, but i'm doing it.

i am intrigued in an 'i wanna fuck him' kinda way, because ever since he kissed me, he's all i can think about.

i've been dying to be who i really am and maybe rook was right.

maybe this life isn't the life i want.

"wait. stop. think about what you're doing amanda."

"if you go through with this, you can kiss everything you have goodbye."

the thought sat in my head for a moment.

but the rush of adrenaline hit me like a wave and i suddenly forgot everything i just told myself.