With a quick bow to the king, Vincent turned back to Nathan. There was scorn in his eyes as he looked down at him. Nathan dropped his gaze, a fearful chill running up his spine. He did not like what he saw in those eyes.

"If you would release him... I will take it from here." The hand holding Nathan released him, and he was shoved into Vincent's arms. Vincent handed his helmet to the guard.

Nathan would give anything to be back in his castle.

Vincent had a death grip on his arm as he dragged him from the throne room, his arm felt like it would snap if the grip tightened any more. As the door to the throne room slammed shut behind him, Vincent shoved Nathan to the ground. "You should be grateful that you're even alive!" The prince roared, placing his foot on Nathan's chest. Nathan grunted, the bruises from earlier flaring up viciously.

"Do you know how easy it would be to kill you? To tear you apart, limb from limb?" Vincent removed his foot from Nathan's chest, only to strike him in the side, packing all his anger into the blow. The wind was knocked out of Nathan, and he was just waiting to hear the snap of a rib. "No one would miss you. I know it, and you know it too. Do you think that anyone is going to come for you? They won't. And you'll die alone, in my castle, at my hands. And I will make sure that you suffer every moment. Do you hear me?!" Vincent bellowed, though he didn't deliver anymore blows to Nathan's battered body.

Nathan's hands shielded his face, his chest rising and falling rapidly as he tried to control his breathing. What little control he had over his life had been completely ripped away from him.

Against his better judgement, Nathan began to cry. His face was hot, his body was bruised, and his head throbbed with pain. He bit his lip, trying  to hold back any noises that might slip from his mouth.

"Go ahead. Cry like the little bitch you are." Vincent growled, looming over Nathan with total hatred in his eyes. "You're worthless, you know that? The only reason you're here is because I need information. And you're the easiest one to get it from. Because you, Nathaniel, are the weakest boy I have ever met. Could I even call you a boy? You hardly act like one." Though he was no longer yelling, or physically battering Nathan, the words burned deep down inside of him. Not because Vincent was wrong, but because he was right.

Nathan couldn't find any words, anything he could have said was caught in his throat. His face was wet from his tears, and his vision was blurry from crying. His breathing was ragged, and every inch of him ached. He closed his eyes, turning his head away from the raging prince.

"Get up." Vincent's voice had gotten quiet, but the ferocity was still very present in his voice. Nathan didn't budge. "I said. Get. Up." A growl rose in his voice, but he didn't lay a hand on Nathan yet.

The broken prince raised his head, allowing his eyes to open again. But he didn't dare look at Vincent. He was afraid of what he would see. Nathan struggled to sit up, and barely managed to get back up on his feet. He wobbled unsteadily. His hands were shaking wildly as he wiped the tears from his eyes. He felt numb.

"Look at me." Vincent spoke sternly, grabbing him by the chin and forcing his eyes up.

Nathan squirmed under Vincent's cold blue gaze, desperately wanting to be anywhere but here. He didn't like the way Vincent seemed to be staring into the depths of his soul. However, he found that he couldn't easily break eye contact with him, actually, he couldn't look away.

After what seemed like an eternity, Vincent released his chin. "Come with me." His voice was monotone, not giving away any of what the prince was thinking. It was frustrating to Nathan. He couldn't read Vincent at all, but Vincent could read him like an open book.