The Beautiful Hidden Picture

NIGHTSTAND GIRLFRIEND

By: tweety-src-clt9

The Beautiful Hidden Picture

Harry Potter apparated to the main hall of 12 Grimmauld Place. Despite receiving the news that he's suspended from Auror duty for one week, he feels much lighter after enjoying his go-to comfort food in the Xahar. Aside from that, this day turned out to be a surprising one when he ran into his relatives.

Who would have thought that he would run into his cousin Dudley and his Aunt Petunia in his haven of Asian culinary delights during the day he encounters his first professional failure? It may seem ironic but he honestly feels a mixture of happiness and nervousness upon meeting the Dursleys once again.

On one hand, he felt happy to at least get reconnected with his last remaining blood relations. Even if his memories of living at Number Four Privet Drive weren't blissful, he still felt grateful that they didn't throw him out the door as a baby left on their doorstep. Also, he reckons that his mum would want him to try and reach out to his Aunt Petunia. Since he loves his mother very much, he wants to maintain whatever renewed connection he has with the Dursleys since he recalls from Snape's memories that the Evans girls were close to one another as children. Besides, since Uncle Vernon's dead, he noticed the positive change in his aunt and cousin's attitude. Aunt Petunia is now friendlier and well, more open to discussing about his life in the wizarding world, and Dudley is no longer the bully who leads a gang that makes 'Harry Hunting' some sort of game.

He also felt bad for the Dursleys when they exchanged stories about what happened in their lives through the years. He learned that after Uncle Vernon's death they were surrounded by debt due to his many corrupt transactions while working at Grunnings. So, ninety percent of the insurance money was confiscated by the company. Furthermore, they were even forced to sell their house just to make ends meet.

Dudley then talked about how he was forced to toughen up and to act mature after his father's death. Dudley Dursley always aspired to be like his father, Vernon, but after finding out the truth, he's so ashamed of himself and his actions. Also, his so-called friends abandoned him when they lost everything. Just so he could send himself into a community college to take short courses, he worked his arse off as a janitor for a local gym where he met his fiancée Gemma, while doing shifts in a nearby diner across the school.

When he was younger, he used to amuse himself with daydreams of finally getting his revenge on the Dursleys. But now that it happened, he does feel sad for them. It seems that the wheel of fortune keeps on turning and turning indeed. Before, the Dursleys were so bloody happy. They were a picture of what is to them – a normal family. But now, they're struggling financially and they are picking up the pieces of Uncle Vernon's mistakes.

And then there's him... Harry Potter for the last seventeen years of his life has only known pain, suffering, and larger than life problems. After the war, he had everything he could ever want. Well, almost everything...

He had a solid group of friends who love him like family, properties all around the world, loads of money, a stable and rewarding career, and most of all, he had Teddy Lupin and Hermione Granger. Little Teddy is a person who inspires him to be a better version of himself just so he could be a good role model and father figure to his godson. Meanwhile, Hermione is the light of his life who keeps him grounded all the time.

So, his random meeting with the Dursleys is a blessing because it makes him see and appreciate the life that he has now. Seeing his relatives reminded him of how much his life had changed for the better. Talking to them and being in their presence reminded him as to why all the trials he faced in the past is all worth it. He realized that he had a lot to be thankful for.