"Why do you want to help me? What do you want in return?" Gaara inquired defensively. All his life no one did anything for him without any expectations.

"What I want is that you don't waste this opportunity. Life hasn't been fair to you but this is your big break, 'ttebayo?"

"Just because you're Temari's friend doesn't mean I trust you. You're just a rich snob who's never known pain a day in his life!"

When he raised his voice, Sora cowered in his dad's arms crying.
"It's okay Sora-chan. Why don't you go play with Yukata-chan? I'll be right there" he put him down and smiled reassuringly so his son would go.

He turned around once Sora was in the nanny's bedroom.
"I'd appreciate if you don't use that tone in front of my son" the friendly smile that he had was gone and it was replaced by a frown that made him look a lot older than he was.

"Like I fucking care. I'm leaving" Gaara turned around expecting the teen to stop him but he didn't. Of course he wouldn't.

🍥🍥🍥

Gaara was in the alley where he spent most of his time. His rather numbered belongings were safe. It was dark, so dark he couldn't even see a single thing.

He sat down on the cold harsh ground, what was the point of even living? He wasn't even living, just suffering and barely getting by.

He was succumbing to the tiredness when he heard a noise. He scrambled to get the worn-down backpack and got up to run. But he was physically unable to due to his wound.

They hit him and he felt the wetness of his shirt, the stitches were no doubt reopened. He held on trying to stop the bleeding. He remembered, the reason why he held on so much.
"Gaara, live for the both of us"

That was his late brother's last wish. But was he really living? The past five years all he had been doing was barely surviving. Unable to run from his uncle's grasp. He regretted not taking Naruto's help.

"The boss wants to see you, you worthless piece of shit are lucky to be alive. He changed his mind about killing you. Someone's buying you from him."

Someone buying him? So what now he was property? They didn't care that he was bleeding.

Gaara expected to go to the warehouse we he would usually be kept but instead he was at the mansion. A place he had only seen once when he was five.

The golden gates opened, whoever this was who bought him was a big shot if his uncle chose to host him in his own mansion.

When the door opened he saw the face of his demon spawned uncle. A man who hated him with a passion, he snapped his fingers.
"Get him ready and treat that wound of his. Don't won't our buyer to be repulsed" his sandy hair flowed gracefully behind him.

He went over to the study where the unexpected buyer sat down.
"He'll be here shortly" he sat across him and poured himself a cup of tea "I'm curious, why did you insist on that useless rag? I have far better specimen that exceed him in every single way."

"My reasons are none of your concern." He stared at his lukewarm cup of tea. He would not drink from it not even if he was on the verge of death from dehydration.

"Is it not to your liking?" The man noticed the action. A silky smooth voice, graceful movements and well chosen words. The man looked of a high status and no one would ever guess him to be a drug lord. Gaara was right, his uncle was deceitful.