i am not a robot

Julia found herself on the front door of Dave's home, the home he shared with his fiancée, the home she did not belong in. She turned, locking eyes with Ellis, who sat in the front seat of her car. He smiled warmly at her, his soft green eyes reassuring.

She hadn't yet explained the situation to Ellis, she just told him she had to see someone, and he drove her without any further questions. She needed to see Dave because he was one of the two people that could understand the pain that the day brought. While the presence of Ellis was a comfort, she needed to see the person who understood what she was going through the best.

She took a deep breath, and shakily brought her knuckles to the door, knocking firmly. The shuffling of feet inching closer to the door caused her heart to pound violently against her ribcage.

The door creaked open. Dave's face was in view. His eyes were bloodshot and already watering. His face looked shallow, almost sunken in. Julia wasn't startled by his ghastly appearance. She wore the same expression.

Dave let out somewhat of a gasp, opening the door wider, revealing Krist, who looked just as wasted away. Julia now gasped, muffling her hand over her mouth.

Despite his disheveled appearance, Krist hadn't physically changed since Kurts funeral. But without even speaking, Julia could already sense the drastic shift of his soul and mind.

She cocked her head to the side, glimpsing at Ellis. His lips were stretched into a faint smile that somehow managed to make her believe that everything would turn out fine.

She turned back to Dave and Krist, and crossed the threshold of the house.

She stood in the middle of the living room Dave shared with his fiancée. She should've felt like a stranger, cold in the space of a strangers home, but she did not. She felt warmth and a sense of calmness surrounded by these two men who knew each layer of her being.

An easy quietness plagued the room. The three stood in a circle. This was the closest they had been in a long time.

"I haven't felt like this since he died." Krist whispered, his voice dragging miserably with pain, like every syllable harbored the intensity of a stab to his heart. Dave's tongue darted across his chapped, dry lips. "Me neither."

Julia let out a heavy sigh, and slowly moved towards the sofa, the wooden floorboards wailing beneath her feet. She sat down, sinking into the couch. Dave and krist remained glued in their spots.

"I don't know what to do, but I know I need to be around you guys right now." Julia announced from the sofa, crossing her legs. The image of Ellis flickered in her mind. She wondered what he was thinking, and uneasily entertained the idea that she had scared him off, but she tried to push those poisonous ideas to the back of her brain.

"Me too." Krist replied simply before crossing the room, and joining Julia on the sofa. Once he had parked himself on the couch, the room was once again embraced by a stale quietude.

The three remained suppressed verbally by the dull agony that the day had brought along, but their minds raced with various thoughts and questions now that they were together again.

Dave was somewhat stunned and saddened to be in the presence of Julia again. Their last meeting had been rotten; an absolute travesty. It made him realize that the trauma and pain his infidelity caused lingered and was now embedded into Julia's soul and mind. He didn't think Julia would ever willingly contact him again, but there they were, gathered in the living room of the home he shared with Rosie.

Dave's presence was also a shock to Julia that she hadn't yet processed. Anger, sadness, or whatever expected emotion hadn't yet truly hit her. She just needed to be with him and krist, and share her pain with them.

And although they were reunited under such miserable circumstances, Krist was relieved to be with two people that he loved so much, and he believed they were the only two that could understand the staggering heartbreak he suffered from on that day.

"I really needed you two today, so thank you." Krist said, managing a mere half smile.

Julia took krists hand, which was colder than she remembered, and wrapped her hands around it, warming his skin.

She thought she had no more tears left to shed, until a substance dripped down her cheek, and onto the floor.

Hi guys! I'm wishing all of you a fabulous 2020❤️❤️ thank you for your continuous support