The Show Must Go On {6}

Start from the beginning

                “This is getting too dramatic for me, I just came here for the food,” Scott said, leaning back against the seat, as if to distance himself from the conversation.

                “You look cute when you’re actually put together,” I said to Neo.

                “Oh god you’re flirting with me,” he said in horror.

                “Just stating a fact,” I said with a shrug. It was true; Neo looked incredibly attractive now that his tie was fixed. And the hopelessly lost look on his face gave him a cute aspect to the sexiness of the suit he was wearing.

                “Cat got your tongue?” Scott asked Neo.

                “I’d like to have his tongue,” I said.

                “Anddd I’m back out of this conversation,” Scott said with a sigh.

                “How did I get the honor of being your newest target?” Neo asked, narrowing his eyes at me suspiciously.

                He knew what had happened with Donnie, so I’d have to take a slightly different approach. Still, I had realized an interesting little thing about Neo. He was vulnerable. He came off as strong willed, but he was weak.

                “You’re not a target. You’re just…different,” I said, smiling a little as I said it.

                “What a compliment,” he said dryly. “Hitler was different, and that worked out fantastically.”

                “It’s not an insult,” I said.

                “I’ll be sure to go home and write in my diary that you complimented me by telling me I’m different,” he said, flashing me thumbs up.

                Several waiters came at that moment, setting down meals for everyone there. Scott hungrily dug into his food, but Bennett was watching me, disapproval in his eyes.

                “Bennett, don’t stare at someone who’s about to eat,” I said, setting my napkin in my lap and picking up my fork.

                “Sorry. I’d hate to be rude,” he said, grabbing his fork and turning his attention away from me.

                “You fancy ass rich people,” Neo said with a sigh, beginning to eat.

                “It’s not a rich people thing,” I said. “It’s just manners. Something Scott and Bennett don’t have.”

                “How do I always get dragged into things?” Scott said, letting out a sigh.

                “Because Bennett was staring at me and you’re just being messy. At least put your napkin in your lap before your mom yells at you again,” I said, grabbing his napkin and dropping it onto his lap for him. “Honestly, you’re a pain.”

                “I should probably feel insulted, but I have food so I’ll just drown my feelings in that,” he said, taking a bite of his dinner.

                “Dinner with the biggest assholes in the world. What a joy,” Neo grumbled.

                “We’re not that bad,” I said with a shrug.

                “Oh no, one of you has sex with people and hurts them because he’s eternally bored, one of you makes sure he knows every dirty secret about every person on the planet, and the other is a sloth in disguise,” Neo said.