SHIKHAR'S CRUSH

Drishti parked her car in the garage of her house and walked in while reading her notes. She looked stressed and worn out. Even before taking the key out of her bag, Romi and Divya opened the double doors. Romi to the left and Divi to the right.

"It was me who opened the door first, not you. So I win." Divya said with a triumphant smile.

"Oh please! Everyone knows that it was me who opened the door first." Romi retreated.

"I understand that you are sad because you couldn't open the door but it is fine. Better luck next time!" Divi said with hair flip. That girl could do it perfectly without any fault.

"That should have been my dialogue but..." Romi stopped and looked at Divya.

Divya understood what Romi meant and looked at Drishti. She was silent today. On any other day, Drishti would scold them and pull both their ears unless they beg her to leave, but today was different.

Drishti stood there reading her notes deep in thought. She had something running in her head which no one knew.

"Di?" Romi knocked his sister from her dreams.

"What is bothering you Di?" It was Divya this time.

Drishti just realized what she had done and walked in saying it was nothing. She was the one who installed the rule to not think about work stress at home. She was sad that she herself was breaking it. To escape from that, she tried to get away from them.

She tried but didn't succeed.

"Di, tell us what it was?"

"It was nothing Divi!"

"Ok fine! It was nothing? Then why didn't you pull our ears? Why did you not scold us?" Romi wanted some answers.

Drishti immediately pulled both their ears at the same time. Her right hand had Divi's while her left hand squeezed Romi's.

"I thought that you would learn better if I tried not punishing you but you proved otherwise." Drishti was thankful to find an excuse. She didn't want to tell them yet. At least not before they share their good experience with her.

"Thanks to you two, Drishti will be an experienced mother even on the first day of her motherhood!" Vidhya told do with small smiles.

Both Divya and Romi pointed their fingers at eachother without looking, they only realized their stupidity when both Drishti and Vidhya started laughing. Soon all of them had a good laugh.

"Is this my family who is laughing like crazy in the middle of the house?" This was Sarthak. He had warmed up after seeing a pleasant scene.
7R
"Ok fine, enough of laughing for now. Drishti go change dear and you two, don't trouble her." She pointed at Romi and Divya who then nodded in reply.

"And Sarthak, please change and come. I will lay the table." Vidhya said. As everyone dispersed, Romi and Divya decided to ask their di about her sorrow but their mother had other plans.

"Romi and Divya, come help me lay the table." Vidhya knew her kids well.

After about fifteen minutes, everyone assembled at the dining table. Drishti was again between Divya and Romi as usual.

"Dad, how did the meeting with Shergil Advertising go?" Drishti was curious.

"We have a deal with the top model of Paris!" Drishti knew what her dad mean't but Divya didn't. 

Divya's face fell which she quickly made up again. She felt a bit sad on knowing that they went for someone else.

"I don't know how much she will charge." Sarthak said.