Staring at his father's teary eyes, Montrell looked away and then down at his fingertips from the guilt. He wished he had been there that day. It was his job to keep them safe, and even though it was nothing he could possibly do from overseas, it still weighted hard on his heart. Rolling up to his son closer, Keon patted his back before gripping the base of his neck. "I'll be fine, kid. Everything's going to be fine–" he said as the door's jingle rang to catch their attention.

Watching a group of men come in with black bandannas around their necks, Montrell slowly stood up from his chair on high alert. As one of them came up to the counter, he recognized the person as Kojo Louis, the oldest of the Louis brothers. "Kote lajan mwen ye?"

Ignorant to the language he was speaking, Montrell just stared at him with a pair of arched eyebrows. Frowning his own face at the lack of response, Kojo looked death into his eyes before repeating himself angrily. "Kote lajan mwen ye!? Èske ou estipid!?"

"What'chu just call me–?" Montrell's fist tightened.

"Montrell!" His father held him back from behind the counter. "Padon. Kisa ou te di?"

"Kote lajan mwen ye–Where the fuck is my money? I'm not going to say it again!"

"Get out of here"

"Yous owe me, motherfucker. Ya owe me. Don't make me have to come back with me boys. I promise it won't be good" Kojo smiled.

"If you come back here again, iT woN'T bE gOod" Montrell still wearing his eyebrows low and arched over his glaring eyes.

Revealing his handgun from behind the counter, Kojo held up his hands for the two to see. "Pa ka tann–Can't wait. Yous remember yous said that, ja?" He continued smiling.

Watching the group exit out from the store, Montrell kept a close eye on them as they got into their cars. Staring them down until each vehicle left the parking lot, he was then pulled back by his father to be further consoled.

"That was the most I've heard you speak in a long time" he teased. "I'm just afraid it'll be too much to be backed up–I don't want blood on my hands, Montrell...not from him or his men......especially not from my boys"

Montrell looked at him seriously before looking past him. "I need to go clear my head"

____________________________
Stanley Ray Playground
City Park
New Orleans, LA

14:55 hours

Holding his cigarette between his fingers, the hoods of his eyes lowered as a white cloud of smoke blew up into his face. Finding some peace after earlier's altercation, he found himself inside of a park to take in the New Orleans breeze from the surrounding lakes. Now staring down at his outdated phone, a flirtatious text from Zee puts a smile on his face before–

"–That still doesn't explain why you're not here Traevon.......so where the fuck are you then!?......You've been saying that you're close for the last half hour now–yeah whatever" Caught his attention from the other end of the bench he shared with a woman.

With her heated conversation echoing throughout the playground area, he started looking at the young woman as she wore his back to him still. Wearing a small jean jacket and a pair of tights, he couldn't help himself from staring at her ass. Thinking she had a cute body by the way she sat with her legs crossed, he started looking at her more and more as she finally got off the phone.