Chapter Forty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Thankfully they all hadn't eaten anything for breakfast so no one felt like bringing up any food.Louis had a little laugh at Harry's hair that had become a curly mess atop his head. He got up on histiptoes after putting his shoes back on, and tried to tame the edges at least. Harry nipped at theprotruding bones at his wrists and grinned when Louis stuck his tongue out at him.Louis was a little ball of energetic sunshine after taking on the most frightening attraction the parkhad.

 "I want to go on that." He pointed to something train orientated and since Niall agreed, everyonehad to.

 The path was nearly a mile long to get there and Louis was glued to Harry's side the whole way,whether his motives were to be overly affectionate or just giddy wasn't clear. Edward has his fingercurled through Louis' belt loops and followed behind them a lot more aware of everything thanthem.While Louis laughed with Niall or got squashed by Harry's possessive arm, Edward found himselfunconsciously scanning each new environment they were in. 

They haven't been out for this long ina place where there had to be so many people, and it unnerved him.There was no threat. He was absolutely certain that there wasn't but it still nagged him that therecould be. His nerves were only soothed by the calm presence that Louis when the boynoticed his uneasiness and pulled him aside under the shade of a dying tree.

 "What's wrong?" Louis kept a little space between them, knowing that it wouldn't last long.

 Edward didn't look anymore unkempt or dishevelled than he usually was, but the look in his eyesaid a million different troubled things to Louis. Each green speck took on a story, a worrythat it wanted to share with the boy whilst protecting him from it at the same time. 

"I feel strange." Edward stopped looking at every moving object to cage Louis' waist in his armsand rest his forehead on the boy's. "Something feels wrong, petal." 

"What kind of wrong?" Louis ignored the couples of eyes that landed on them when others walkedpast, some envious and others hateful. 

"I'm not sure." Edward grimaced and cleared his throat. "That seems to be the worst part as I don'tknow, petal."Louis' hip was destined to hit the wooden posts when a passer-by bumped him but Edward's handcovered that area and his knuckles took the blow

."Hey." The boy brought his hands up to Edward's neck, thumbs grazing repeatedly over the man'searlobes. "I know what you're feeling and I hate it too. It's our first time out." 

"Yes and I feel like this is a dream." Edward tries to convince him, speaking earnestly with a raspyvoice. "This is not a dream, petal, and that's what scares me most."

 "Nothing is wrong, Edward." Louis assured him. He's the most paranoid out of them all and ifsomething was strange, he would know first. "I promise.

"Edward nodded and let go of the burden making his shoulders hunch, his mind worry. Louis couldtell him anything and he'd take it as the truth. "I believe you, petal."

 "Good."Louis smiled his broken smile, the one that came to life but didn't light up his eyes because thoseeyes were too marred with his history of events. It was the twins' favourite smile on him because itwas the most honest, most genuine one. 

"Come now." Louis takes Edward's hand and tugs. "You're going on this one with me."

 Edward had no choice in the matter from that moment which Louis spent informing Harry. He gotonto the ride with them and sat through the whole thing, unaffected. Louis was laughing so freelyand so hypnotically that Edward listened to that when they were tipped over, watching his sweetlover when they came to a stop.