Time {Request}

His lover was fighting for his life. Determined to stay alive but in a weak state. He stayed at the hospital day and night, refusing to leave until his lover healed. And he finally did.
----

Colby's POV

A bouquet of flowers in one hand, chocolates in the other, I walk into the hospital with a stiff heart and a ton of worried thoughts roaming my head. This is always my state when I walk into the hospital or just think about him in general.

I make my way to the receptionist lady and she easily gave me access to his room. Like always. It's become a normal thing now, for I had come here for weeks and weeks.. and weeks. Everything was blocked out as I count down the room numbers that pass by, the only sound evident to me being my whispers and my heavy heart beat.

I let out a sigh once I arrived to room 247, putting up a confident smile and walking in. It wasn't fake but it surely had a little struggle to it. There, laid the love of my life, tubes connected to his wrists and arms, some even placed in his nose.

I didn't let the sight shatter my heart like it always does,and walked in. I smiled and shut the door with a gentle click before approaching him. "H-Hey, my love." I whispered once I took the chair near Sam's bed and gently held his right hand in mine. He smiled and breathed out a 'hey', puckering his lips weakly.

I smiled lightly and leaned down to his command. I placed a light kiss against his lips hoping this'll never end.

A few weeks ago Sam was diagnosed with a sever disease that had put him in a weak, horrible state and now in the hospital. It started with constant headaches and such before I one day came home to the love of my life screaming in agony. Till this day his scream lingers horrifyingly in my head.

I pulled away with my light smile and caressed his pale skin. His eyes blinked slowly as he looked at me through his lashes, love and hope still evident in them. Sam was a fighter. He had battled such before but never had it been this bad.

His eyes were suddenly filled with pain and shock, his body begging to jolt a little. The machines went haywire and beeping erupted in the room, only making my panic rise more. "S-Sam! S-Sam!" I cried out, trying to help but being to no avail.

I ran out the hospital room and into the halls, searching for someone in tears. Doctors and nurses sprinted my way, pushing me back and running to Sam. "We need to take him in! Now!" A nurse screamed as they held him down, my heart tightening all by the second.

It was all a blur after that except Sam being put on a stretcher and taken away..

-
I fumble with my fingers nervously and tap my shoe against the ground, not having been still since Sam was taken in. Tears stilled stained my cheeks as some slip out after that, and my back ached due to sitting on the edge of my chair. Literally. Yet I didn't care.

I've been here for hours and hours and refused to leave. Even after the nurse threatened to call the police on me, we both knew that would do nothing and they didn't have a right to take me away. So I stayed in the waiting area, holding back the urge to just run and pull Sam in my arms.

I was too deep in thought to notice the cup of coffee floating in front of me, and looked up to see the receptionist offering a warm cup of coffee. Deciding to just take it, I thanked her and took a small sip letting the warm liquid flow into my mouth.

After hours of more waiting, I was finally called in. "Sam Golbach?" The voice of the nurse called as she walked through looking down at her clip board with a pen. I instantly shot up, accidentally burning myself with my third cup of coffee but not caring a bit.

I sprinted over after placing down the hot cup, hope lingering my blue orbs. "He's okay, r-right?" I instantly blurted, hoping to convince myself that. "He is okay." She nodded and it felt like a constant weight being lifted off my shoulders. Yet I still wasn't convinced.

I went to head to his room, when she gently grabbed my arm and tugged me back. "He's currently being moved to his current room so you'll have to wait." She explained making my heart tighten like before. I nodded and let out a sigh before walking back towards the waiting chairs.

I fumbled with my fingers out of habit and kept my ears pierced for any call. After ten to fifteen minutes though, Sam was finally allowed to be seen and I was instantly sprinting to his room. I slowed my steps once I neared, and let out a shaky breath.

I pushed the door in quietly and ran towards Sam's bed, ignoring the doctors objection. He knew better than to force me back. "I-Is he okay, doctor?" I blurted the question again, knowing he wouldn't bull shit like the nurse probably did. I hope she didn't though.

"He's.." he began and took a pause before sighing. "He's okay," and I let out the breath I've been holding for a long while. "But in still bad condition. He's getting better, just not as fast as he should." He continued with a shake of his head.

He noticed my distress and worry because he placed an assuring hand on my shoulder and smiled. "He's a fighter, kid. He just needs time." Was all he said before leaving me with those exact words.

-
Time. All it took was time to help him heal. And now here he is, laying in bed with IVs strapped to his arm and an IV drip stand near our bed. "Come here, Colbs." Sam whispered and sent the sweetest smile. I practically ran forward and kneeled down next to him.

"Yes, my love. What do you need? The bathroom? Food? More water?-" "I only need you, Colbs." He whispered, cutting off my rambling. I felt my heart stutter with happiness and gently laid down next to him. He shifted a little so he could lean against me but couldn't more.

I moved closer to his small form, being careful with the IVs as I wrap an arm around him. He snuggled into me with a tired smile and closed his eyes letting darkness consume him. After weeks of recovery and healing, Sam was finally able to go home. He just needed more rest.

And time.

Here ya go! Sorry for the late update! And I hope it wasn't too bad : )
Requested by: I_Swear_Im_Ok