Chapter 6

"Jordan! I found the twinkies!!"

She tossed them in the cart, then threw up devils horns, sticking her tongue out at her sister, getting the same in return.

"Yeah! What else should we get? Anything for breakfast? Dinner? Midnight snacks?"

Malia nodded, grinning, then frowned in the over dramatic fashion that only a child can, "I don't know what to get."

Jordan glanced at Dewey, and smirked.

"Well, anything non-organic and healthy is on the table. Junk food galore for snacks, pizza, pasta, all the carbs."

Malia smiled again, "Yes pizza!! With meat, not veggies!"

Dewey laughed watching the two grab different junk foods, Jordan adding a few healthier foods like pasta and ham, and bring them back to the cart that he was standing sentry to.

A few moments passed, and he analyzed the contents of the cart.

"Hey, kid?"

Both girls stopped, turning to look at him, inquisitive.

"You ever had corn dogs?"

The younger sister looked up at her older, confused, "A what?"

Jordan shrugged, "No clue, Chickadee. Dewey what are you talking about?"

He felt his jaw drop and he silently walked past them to the freezer section and grabbed a box of corn dogs, tossing it into the cart.

"You're both trying them."

Jordan laughed, "What, are you making dinner now?"

His eyes sparkled as he smiled at her, "Only if you want me to." 

Malia looked at her sister, and smirked, "Yes please, Mr. Finn!"

They both looked over at her, Jordan blushing, and she shrugged, "He has to bring the dresser over anyway."

Jordan glanced at him, and shrugged, "I wouldn't be opposed."

He smiled, "Alright then. Corn dogs and cabinet assembly, it's a date."

Jordan flushed, smiling, and Malia clapped a bit, "Yay! Perfect, let's go check out!"

She grabbed Jordan's hand, marching towards the registers, drawing laughs from both adults as they followed.

She dragged them into line, and started fidgeting with the magazines, flipping through one or two, rolling her eyes a few times.

The reached the cashier, and Dewey lifted the box so the young woman could scan it, and Jordan pulled out her wallet. As Dewey grabbed the bags, she slid her new credit card, barely holding back her smirk.

The cashier handed her the receipt, which Jordan absently handed off to Dewey while gesturing to Malia.

"Cmon, Chickadee."

The girl ran up, and Jordan wrapped an arm around her, "Thank you, have a good day." She smiled at the cashier, who returned it.

"Your guys' daughter is so adorable."

Dewey's breath caught in his throat and he started coughing whilst Jordan's face flushed a bright red, "Sh-shes not our daughter, it's my sister."

The cashier's eyes widened and she apologized, "Oh, I'm so sorry!"

Dewey waved a hand, his coughing having subsided, "S'all good. Have a good night."

He grabbed the cart, heading for the door and Jordan followed, holding onto a giggling Malia.

She rolled her eyes, then called out to Dewey, "My car is right over here, where did you park?"

He pointed a few spots over to a large van, "I'm right there. I'll let you grab your things and then put the dresser in there. Where do you live?"

"I'm over in Station, want to just follow me there?"

He nodded, helping her load the groceries into her Impala, and closing the trunk.

He gave her a smile, "I'll get this loaded then follow you to your place."

A nod, and she watched him walk away, then got in the car, Malia in the front seat.

The ten year old smiled over at her sister, "I told you that you two would be good together."

"Shut up."

A/n shorter chapter this time but I hope y'all like it!! Happy late thanksgiving to my Americans and happy almost Christmas to everyone else! All my college readers good luck on finals !!

❤️ Kayla