The First Primigravida

"Isn't it funny how Stars and Humans can't be together." she sighed as she pondered over the words the man she loved had said.

"You heard that?" He had not realised she was so close to the room when he stated it. His eyes were puffy, face was ruby red and his hair was tattered. "What's happening in that beautiful head of yours?" Falsely, she smiled though her heart ached with every glimpse. It was no lie that he had been crying, nore that what she had heard from the conversation was the last thing her low-some ears wish to hear and that she had fallen for this man, a king and a fool.

"I love you." Was all that fell out of his mouth.

Unexpected, Lilliandil gasped.

"I never meant to offend you. I.. I only want what's best for you. Aslan explained that it's unnatural for a human and a star to be together, that your father may disown you for even looking at me the way I long for you too. I love you more than I love life, which is why I have to let you go." His voice crumbled. Peter felt naked. He had laid all his cards onto the cold stone ground and for that he became a vulnerable.

For every step Lilliandil took towards Peter, he'd walk two backwards. He couldn't bare to look into her eyes. Until she had cornered him and there was no option but to face his destiny. His body had frozen solid, his muscle had begun pulsing out of discomfort.

Unapologetically, she had grabbed face despite it being sore, and pulled him into a sensual kiss before she crashed her forehead against his. "You're such a fool." She chuckled. "What Species is Caspian if not human?"

Wide eyed, Peter let out a gush of air that he had not realised he was holding.

"Aslan was not wrong though, It is unnatural for a human and a star to love, but I am only half a star, and you are a king. That's the exception. If you love me, like I hope you do, then we can be together. Here in Narnia. I will love you for eternity and we can live upon the stars once you're a day older than the day you passed. A happy family. Together." Lilliandil had levelled the playing playing field, she too was now naked and vulnerable. She had never wanted to be with someone as much as she had when she was around Peter. In only a short amount of time her heart had never felt so full.

Peter passionately kissed her rosé lips and cupped her face before circling the buds of her cheek. "I love you and I'll love you forever."

"I love you too." She smiled. "I should tell you, that if you do stay, that your life will change. For you see, I am with child."