The Passage

"Reepicheep!" Lucy cheered when she saw the fearless mouse in front of her. "We thought you had left for Aslan's country?"
"My friend, it's so good to see you. I would love to stay and explain my whereabouts over these last few years and how marvellous Aslan's country is but I am afraid that I am the bearer of bad news. Queen Susan the gentle has gone missing and Jadis, better know as The White Witch to you, is the cause of it."

Lucy skin turned white, but nothing could compare to the horror painted on Edmunds face when he heard his biggest fear being called once again.

"How can this happen? Why is she here again? We got rid of her!" The fire within Edmund raged, his heart pumped fear but his veins were full of anger and revenge.

-

Days had passed since the news of Susan's disappearance. The desolate sun wasn't shining as bright as it used to and the trees weren't swaying in time with the wind. Everyone in the kingdom was exasperated and had started loosing hope. Narnia prepared to mourn for the loss of their queen, once again, but The Pevensie's And Caspian hadn't given up hope. Periodically, the family would meet on the shore of Cair Paravel and devise a plan for the day. Peter took lead, Edmund suggested and Lucy followed. They had no time to argue or bicker, their sister was missing and that's all that mattered.

The sky was a dark blue and the sea was an inviting shade of teal. A flock of crows flew over the castle and premonitory screeched.

"Queen Susan the Gentle has been found, wondering the forest alone. She is dehydrated and delusional. She refused to move until she sees her siblings." Cried a maid dressed in a twice upturned, tatted gown. "The Children of Eve should be the ones to go gather her, and bring her home."

-

For Susan, it had only been a few hours since she left Caspian, a day since she saw her siblings. Aslan had made her feel at home whilst she pondered the idea of leaving her family, her lover to live peacefully with her mother and father. Confusion controlled her body, she couldn't think straight. Her once ivory skin had became a shade of blue; the tears that had fell created icicles against her lifeless cheeks. Could she make it back to them regardless? She was dying after all; she knew this from the bottom of her stomach where the butterflies had frozen still. Slowly she approached Aslan, but he already knew the answer.

-

Minutes turned to hours and days turned into nights. Caspian was exhausted but continued to fight every bone in his body that was warning him that he was too late. Destrians bones were weakening and his legs couldn't keep up with the demand. Carrying a grown man for days on end had never been a struggle for the Nobel horse, except he wasn't as young as he once was. For years he'd rode around Narnia, and he had seen almost every sight and ate every type of fruit. His life had been for-filled as any life should be.

As the trees swayed, The stallion noticed a passage that he had not come across before; despite Caspian's wishes to stay in the direction they was heading, he wondered towards the conspicuous path with great unease.

The sun stopped shining in between the trees, the leaves had all escaped the trees and the ground was covered with snow.

There lay a beautiful girl. Brown hair, pale skin. She lay peacefully and unaware of her surroundings. It took moments before Caspian realised who she was. He jumped off the horse and ran towards her.