Chapter 31 - Circles

Zacznij od początku

"Black hair, big round eyes, plump lips, and her voice was a bit husky and she has a tattoo of a rose on her pinky—" Before Brody could finish his sentence, he was cut off by Clayton.

"That's her," Clayton finally uttered a word. "She has a rose tattoo on her right pinky."

"Why was she there?" I asked.

Brody just shrugged. "I don't know. Never asked and even if I did, I don't think she would tell me."

"Didn't you know about this, Wade?" I asked Clayton who has fallen into a deep thought and apparently needed me to pull him back into reality.

He shook his head. "To be honest, I didn't know much about her. Sure, we went on dates and talked for hours but she was never an open book. She wouldn't talk about her family and if I started getting personal, she immediately changed the topic."

"Well, do you know where she lives now?" Claire asked.

"I don't," Clayton answered and sighed.

"I know her sister," Brody said. "She might know something, I don't know, but at least it doesn't hurt to try, right?"

"Right." I said nonchalantly.

Brody

Brody

To be honest, I had no fucking idea what was going on. I had warned Serena about seeing Clayton way before she was swooned by him, and that he would eventually break her heart and voila, I was right. I never liked him in the first place, and it was definitely, not because everyone kept comparing me and him. Who am I kidding, that was one of the ninety-nine reasons why I didn't like him. There was just something about Clayton and I couldn't figure out what. Something shady perhaps or it could just be my negative thoughts.

You see, all I have are negative thoughts. Not about me though, but everyone around me. I've had a series of unfortunate events of people, whom I thought was my friend, betraying me. So, don't blame me if I'm quite judgy and picky. "How do you know her sister?" Clayton asked. "I didn't even know she had a sister."

"Wade, do you even know anything about her?" Claire snapped and rolled her eyes.