Chapter 2

Young Mistress? Take me home? What the hell are they saying?

"Mom? Dad? Who are these people? What are they saying? Why'd you let in crazy people in our house?" I asked my parents trying to figure out what I just heard.

"Bella, dear, calm down. You better sit down before I explain to you what's happening."

"Yes, Bella. Your mother is right. Take a seat and calm down. Here, have a cup of tea." my dad said.

What the hell is happening? I did not expect any of this....

My mom sat in the ottoman in front of me and she started talking while reaching for my hands.

"Okay, Bella. Now that you're 18, you finally need to know the truth."

"Huh? Mom? What truth? What are you saying?" I nervously asked as I really had no idea what was going on.

"Listen to me Bella, everything I'll tell you won't change the fact that your dad and I love you very much, but you deserve to know the truth, everything."

My mom continued talking.

"Your real name is Isabella De La Fontaine. We're not your real parents, Bella."

De La what? I already saw that last name from somewhere. But most importantly, what are they talking about? Wait..... this is probably just a prank. It's been my parents' tradition to prank me on my birthday when I least expect it. So I'm pretty sure this is just a prank.

"Hey mom, dad! I know what you guys are doing. You're pranking me again! Ha! Got you!" I told my parents while trying my best not to burst into laughter.

"Young Mistress, I'm afraid this is not the right time for jokes. Please listen to what Ms. Spencer has to say." The lady holding the bouquet spoke all of a sudden.

Ms. Spencer? Oh, she meant mom. This is really starting to weird me out.

"Bella, are you familiar with the company Soleil Group?" my mom asked me.

"Of course, mom! Who doesn't know them? They own one of the largest hotel chains in the world, right? What does it have to do with any of this?" I answered.

"You're the only daughter of Roman De La Fontaine, the CEO and owner of Soleil Group. That means you're the sole heiress to the company."

"Okay, mom. Enough with the prank. It's not funny." I said in a very serious manner because I was starting to get scared.

"Your mom is telling the truth, Bella. Now you're gonna have to pack your bags and leave."