Chapter one

A rustling sound could be heard within a room somewhere in Duckburg. A young (M/F) was there going through their things, unpacking them at will.

Moving to Duckburg was not on your list of things to do during the weekend, but unfortunately your mom got a job at a mall here and you had to move with her to the new job.

You moved some books your mom had bought you for your birthday over to a (F/C) shelf.

You never knew your dad, but your mom had told you tons of stories about him.

He had died when you were (R/A).

Now your mom was struggling to pay the bills. Fortunately, she was able to pay for them for now, but you were worried about her.

This job was the only job that paid high enough so your mom could pay for your necessities.

You continued to sort of your room the way you liked it.

Afterwards, you go into the living room where your mom was watching a really weird show with two men who were...trying to make sow thing for people's feet?

You didn't really understand the show much.

All you knew was that it entertains your mom when she's really sad. She was sad about twenty percent of the time.

You sat down on the couch next to her. A small smile on your face seeing the peace on her face.

It dropped to a frown when her expression changed into a serious one.

"Now, (Y/N)," she began. "I know it's hard moving into a new house and new place you've never seen, but I would really like you to be more active than you were back at our old house. You rarely left unless you absolutely had to."

Your mother handed you a piece of paper.

What? She wants me to join a stupid group called the Woodchucks? You pondered as you read through the paper.

She had signed you up for it already, so there was no changing her mind on this issue.

You groaned at her, face palming at how serious she was about you getting friends.

"Really mom?" You asked, shaking your head at what she signed you up for. It honestly irritated you. You didn't wish to join this club...or whatever it was. It seemed a bit too outdoorsy for you. You were obviously an indoor person.

You hated going outside at all costs.

One time you faked being injured just so you didn't have to go camping with your father. That was just a week before...something happened to him.

Now you were investigating the stuff mentioned on the paper, groaning at how much camping and outdoor activities there were listed on there.

"When do these take place?" You asked her right as she said something. You couldn't hear it because you were talking at the same time.

You blushed in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" You asked her. She sighed. "Sorry I interrupted, but I was saying that I might not always be here and it would be nice if you could find a friend who will take care of you when I'm gone."