Chapter 25: Hospitality

"You know what's annoying?" I say crossing my arms over my chest and leaning against the doorway of the guest room where Uriah was going to spend the night. "What is it sweetheart?" He questions looking up at me with a quirked brow.

"It took not even 20 minutes for my dad to like you and don't even get me started on my mom" he chuckles "I'm glad, I was sweating buckets" he admits "You're parents are really cool though. I really like them" I smile walking further into the room and closing the door behind me before making my way over to him.

My dad started out a little cold to him. In his mind Uriah was all about taking advantage of me to get some of the fame but after one conversation about cars my dad was hooked. They spent practically the entire dinner talking about different experiences they had. He then realised Uriah was just a local boy who got offered an amazing opportunity to make himself a better life.

"That's nice to know. You still need to meet my 2 other sisters though" I remind him as I settle on his lap. "Shanon and-" he trails off trying to remember my older sister's name.

"Cayla" I answer making him nod "Right."

"When I come back after wrapping the movie we'll have a family dinner and hopefully you'll be there" his arms snakes around my waist, hugging me against his chest. "It all depends on the job" I nod leaning further against him.

"You did promise me to tell me how your meeting went" I remind him as I move my arm over his shoulder, my fingers start tangling with the hair at the nape of his neck. "If you must know," he starts with a grin. He quickly kisses my cheek before continuing.

"It was actually really good" I smile and turn my body towards him. "Baby, a girl needs details" he chuckles "I wasn't done yet." I raise my brows waiting for him to continue.

"Jerad and I signed the contract, we talked through it and worked out what would be best for the both of us. We had a really nice lunch, I didn't expect LA to have really good food" I giggle "You went to a cafe, you haven't tried real LA food so I suggest you don't get your hopes up."

He rolls his eyes playfully. "Anyways, the meeting with EMA was not what I was expecting. I met a guy named Torryn, he's going to be the one who'll work with me. He was younger than I expected but really nice. He just wanted to get to know me first before we talked about the offer and everything which is why I have another meeting tomorrow morning. I actually really liked that. It showed that he sort of cared about me and not prioritising the job." I nod in understanding.

"That's a really good sign. You have to be careful with these kind of people, some can be really bad news. What you have to look for is if the person is interested in you, if he's pushing the job so much and just insisting on it it's not the environment you'd want to work in." I explain.

"Yeah I sort of figure but he was really chill" he assures me, "I'm actually excited about all this" he admits making my smile widen. "Aw" I coo hugging him. "It makes me happy knowing that you aren't forcing yourself to do this and that you're actually enjoying all this" he pulls away and cups my cheeks. He locks his eyes on mine, his light blue orbs making my breath hitch.

"I already told you countless times Bri, I want to do this" I shrug "You liking me can cloud your judgement" I whisper "I don't want to ruin your life. I want you to be happy" I say softly.

He smiles before leaning to press a kiss on my lips. It's short and sweet and I really wish it was longer. "I'm happy with you" my heart swells at his words and I lean back in for another kiss, this time kissing him longer.

"God I like you so much" I murmur against his lips. He grips my waist turning my body around so I'm facing him. I straddle his lap and he pulls my closer until our bodies are flushed together. The only thing between us being our clothes. His tongue runs down my bottom lip, asking for entrance and I don't waste a second to part my lips letting his tongue explore my mouth.