Chapter Five: Scars

Disclaimer: No matter how hard i wish, i do not own black butler or any of the characters in it :(

P.O.V. Mey-Rin

As the boys stepped out into the fire I squeezed my eyes shut and waiting for their cries. When I didn't hear them, I quickly opened my eyes up again and saw them slowly walking through the fire. I stared at their feet slowly moving, stepping over objects on the floor and around furniture until they arrived at the door and walked into the hallway. A moment of panic rose within me and I whimpered before seeing the girl walk back through the door. The colours of her eyes had changed again to emerald green and sky blue. As she approached me, she glanced back towards Sebastian again and the emerald green turned darker. When she arrived in front of me, she put out her hands for me to hold and I took one before stepping into the fire. As I stepped into the fire, I started moving towards the door, before I was stopped by a sharp pull behind me. the girl had not moved and was standing with her eyes surveying me suspiciously. “What did you say before?” she asked quietly.

As I walked back towards her, I pulled her other hand into mine and held both of hers between mine. Although she was bigger and stronger than Master Ciel, her hands were smaller and more petite than his. I held her hands close in mine and stood in front of her. “I said something stupid and wrong,” I started “I called you a monster” I said quietly with a sad look. Her dark green eye turned a lime green and her sky blue eye turned grey. Suddenly a tear ran down her cheek and I felt the flames growing hotter until I could feel blisters forming on my lower legs. I brought the girl into a small hug and told her quietly “I’m very sorry ma’am.” The heat went away and I could feel the girl relax into my grip. When she pushed away from me softly, I wiped away one of her cheeks with a thumb and held one of her hands in mine before slowly moving her toward the door. When I got out the door, I collapsed into Bard and Finny before I felt somebody’s hands on my shins and an extreme cooling sensation and my legs went numb. I looked down at the girl who was taking her hands off of my legs and saw her green eye had turned light blue and her grey eye had turned darker but not yet black. When she tried to stand up, I saw her eyes both go white and she collapsed like a ragdoll onto the floor next to me. Suddenly, I gained the feeling in my legs again and stood up before I heard Sebastian jogging towards the door. When he appeared in the doorway, his clothes were torn and messed up and burnt but his skin was unharmed. I quickly moved toward the girl and picked her up before turning to Sebastian and after seeing his eyes flash a fuchsia, muttering about moving her to my room and running to my room.

When I got to my room, I looked at the girl in my arms and moving toward my bed, inspected her dirty, ripped and burnt clothes. I decided to change her clothes and moved toward the door to close it when Sebastian appeared in the doorway and started walking toward the girl before he stopped when I stepped in front of him. “I’m about to change her clothes, yes I am.” I told him before looking over my shoulder at the sleeping girl and turning with a huff toward the door. I followed him to the doorway before he turned around and looked at me with a sincere look in his eyes. It took all my willpower to stop the blood from dripping from my nose.

“If anything happens call for me, Okay Mey-Rin?” he told me. I nodded helplessly before he looked at the girl again and his eyes flashed fuchsia and he turned to walk away.

“She saved us!” I whispered to his back, he paused for a second before walking down the hall and up the stairs. I turned around and walked back into the room before locking my door and searching for a small nighty to put on this girl. I found one of my shirts and turned to dress the girl. Carefully, I took off her pants which seemed too big for her and her men’s shirt before carefully unwrapping the strange bandage around her chest and gasping when I saw a burn scar (at least 10 inches across) between her breasts and a few smaller burn scars above and below her breasts. They all were in the shapes of different crests. Some I had seen before but others were completely new to me. I slipped on the shirt and carefully pulled her onto her front when the bed stopped the oversized shirts movements and noticed another dark mark on the small of her back. I pulled the shirt back up and stared in awe at a big black crest in the small of her back. It was the Phantomhive crest with 3 pentagrams around it. the first pentagram was purple, the second was yellow and the third was green. Each pentagram was different and I stared in awe for a second more before putting back down her shirt and tucking her into bed. The bandage, that was constricting her chest, was clean so I rolled it up and put it on the side-table next to her, before walking out of the room and closing the door quietly behind me. I started walking towards her old room and as I walked through the door, bumped into Finny, who had a strange bag in his arms.

“This is hers” he told me simply before giving me a big smile and walking towards my room. I walked into the room and looked around, the fire had disappeared and there was not a trace of it anywhere. The furniture was all neat and clean and the floor was tidy. Everything was clean and beautiful except one of the stools near the bed. The stool had small burn marks around it as if the flame around it was hotter than the rest of the fire. Cautiously I reached for the box and ran my fingers over the lid carefully before trying to open it. The lid didn't open so I held the box in my hand and started to walk back to my room.