Opening

Hello all of you lovelies! It has been some time since I have been on this website, as well as looked into continuing my work. As much as I wish to say that everything had been fine, I took a hiatus that, truthfully, I wasn't sure I would ever return from. HOWEVER! My passion for writing never left and I am proud to say that this story will be published in full once again, with some extreme improvements. Thank you all for being patient and for the lovely messages and positive outreach. It means more to me than I could possibly ever express.

Now, without further words or thanks, I present the NEW AND IMPROVED: One Night With the King.

Have a wonderful day/night loves! :)

xoxo Jane

~~~~~~~~

Have you ever smelt something... though it be faint, it caused a memory to stir? It's as if you have been there before, seen this image play out before you... perhaps in another life?

          "You smell of honey and cedar oak," I whispered, looking down at the cup that held the red wine, unwilling to lift it to my lips. They say that this... palace is my home, that I am the Queen: the female ruler of my Kingdom and Country. Yet, I remember nothing of it, every turn holding a secret and surprise that was familiar and yet unknown. Truly, I wish to know, but I find that I am helpless and lost, consumed with fear to close my eyes at night, never knowing if the memories will return, or stay lost.

           The King, my husband it would seem, looks down at me with golden eyes, dancing with wonder and hope. I felt the fluttering in my stomach grow, along with the warmth start to consume me, starting from my chest and spread outwards. Only moments ago, I was cold... yet now, I am enveloped in his warmth, forgetting the cold that had sunk into my bones.

             "Yes, I do." He said with a slow nod, looking at me with large eyes, long lashes fanning across his cheeks each time he blinked. "Does... it mean something to you?" Alaric asked, his voice dipping into the rumbling depths of a baritone.

                 I thought for a moment, my brow furrowing as thoughts wrapped around me. I wanted it to mean something to me, yet it did not. Why is that? And why is my mind so fogged with haunting memories that refuse to surface? 

             For a moment, thoughts bubbled below the surface of my mind. Simply, for a moment, a warmth that was a familiar stranger washed over me. Only to flow away into the air, disappearing as quickly as it had arrived.

             Taking a breath, I let it out slowly as I straightened up to look at him, a sad smile on my lips. He leaned forward slightly, his grip tightening on the cup that held his wine.

             "No..." I whispered, disappointment clear in my voice. "No.... I suppose that it does not."

------

          Welcome to the Kingdom of Namaria, a place far, far away from any worlds that we know of. Well, perhaps all but your mind. In this land, there has been placed a decree: to find the Mother of Kingdoms, Wife to the One King, and Queen of the Seven Kingdoms in Namarian country.

          Dragons, lizards, beasts with seven legs and two tails, water Dragons, Saber Snow Leopards, and far too much honey bread to ever be consumed awaits you in this tail of Queen Amira as she struggles to remember the life that she had once ago, and hold onto all that she now holds dear and close to her heart.

          With a Kingdom on her shoulders, a Husband that is far more challenging than can be described, and a memory that seems to constantly be fogged and adventurous, Amira sets of a journey of love, lust, heartbreak, and dreams that could possibly be her long-lost memories.

          And within those memories, lies the secret to the answer of her mysterious disappearance.

~~~~~~~~

See you soon!

Xoxo

Jane :)