The boy shook his head slowly, a small frown playing at the corners of his lips, as his curls cling to his forehead, yet his eyes still shine brightly.

"Anything - really?"

"It's alright," Harry slowly spoke, his eyes drifting down to take in Louis' body, before flickering over to glance at Niall, who still stood. He shook his head once again. "I don't... I'm not out on the streets to do that kind of thing-"

"God, no!" Louis quickly clarified, shaking his head. He dug his hand into one of his pockets, mentally cursing himself when he couldn't find any spare change. "Look - we don't mean harm, I just thought you'd appreciate maybe some company, a few quid for a hot drink-"

"Can we go somewhere?" Niall spoke up eventually, interrupting with a cold hand on Louis' shoulder. "It's all cool here and all, but I'm a little cold, don't know about you."

The green eyed boy instantly glanced up at him once again. He didn't speak, instead quickly looking away when the Irish boy's gaze met his, instead focusing his eyes on the ground in front of him.

"How about we offer you something," Louis added, as he reached his hand out to the surprised boy.

He eyed the outstretched hand, however did not take it in his own. He opened his mouth to speak, hesitating briefly. "I'm sorry but... like, I don't do drugs, or any kind of - er, favours? I don't think I can take up any of your offers, so..."

"Thought I made that clear, we're not here for that. Listen, mate - you're only young. You shouldn't be out here by yourself - I only want to help," Louis said, keeping his voice quiet. The young boy eyed him suspiciously.

When he didn't speak, Louis quickly glanced back at Niall. Not receiving anything aside from a stern look, he took in a deep breath and simply said it. "How about you come with us?"

"What?"

The boy blinked at him slowly. Louis took in the way he barely moved, fixed in the same position with wet hair plastered to his forehead and a worn out jacket covering his shoulders.

"Come with us," He repeated, making the boy look away. "You - what have you got out here? What's to waste? Come with us."

"I can't do that," The boy muttered, laughing humourlessly under his breath. He tilted his head to the side slightly, burying his face in his own shoulder and taking in a deep breath that made his whole body shake. "I have morals,"

"And your morals include sleeping out here every night?" Louis fired back at him, making his eyes open once again. He looked sort of angry, but in the saddest way possible, and it made Louis' heart ache.

"My morals include not taking propositions of following strangers home,"

"You know my name. I'm not a stranger - for God's sake, will you let yourself be helped?"

When a long moment of silence followed, Niall made a small noise behind them. In turn, Louis glared at the boy.

"It's bloody freezin', take your time lads,"

"I like cold. I'm used to cold," The boy muttered, not moving an inch.

Louis groaned, looking over to where Niall was standing, for any help at all but no - he was already trailing away to wait by the car, shivering, waiting for Louis to follow him. He looked back down at the boy.

"Please?"

He shook his head of curls, making the locks bounce ever so slightly as he plastered a frown on his features. "No, I can't,"

So Louis snapped. He reached down, and grabbed the boy's thin blanket - seemingly his only possession aside from the jacket, pulling it off him, and tossing it at Niall who looked at him in surprise.

He however then quickly reacted, picking up the blanket that fell on the ground in front of his feet and slipped inside the car, laying the blanket out on the back seat. The boy was now watching in panic, his eyes full of fear and his hands trembling where he held onto his jacket as tightly as he could.

"What are you trying to do?" He mumbled, voice breaking.

Louis frowned, shaking his head, and leaned down to grab hold of the boy's shoulders. He pulled him up, making the boy wince.

"Do you really not want to go?" He asked, finally hesitating a little. What if there was really something wrong with the young lad, honestly having a reason to not go with them other than the danger of them being unknown people? "Are you hurt?"

"I'm not hurt, no," He replied straight away, ignoring his first question, hissing a little as Louis pulled at his hand, his eyes scanning down his body.

"God, look at you," Louis gritted out through his teeth, making the boy tremble where he stood in his arms. His legs were approximately the width of Louis' arms, his whole body so delicate. His skin was pale under a matted layer of dirty, and his clothes were torn. He could barely stand. "Have you seen yourself?"

"I've seen myself," The boy spoke back quietly, his eyes fixed on the pavement in front of them. He now had reached out with one hand, steadying himself against Louis' shoulder.

"Will you please let us help you?" He asked one last time, meeting the boy's gaze once again. This time, his eyes seemed to shine with something other than fear. "Or me. Let me help you."

"Come on!" Niall called from the car, making Harry wobble a little on his thin legs in surprise. This in turn made Louis glance down at his boots, worn and barely in two pieces.

"Right, come on," he clenched his jaw, helping the boy to stand steady in his arms and pushing him gently towards the car, where Niall was waiting, where his thin blanket was waiting, and where it was warm.

"Come on, get in, it's alright now," Louis muttered in his ear, as he sat him down inside the car, all while stroking his thumb reassuringly over his palm. "It's alright, don't worry,"

"Harry," the boy said, his eyes shining with a new determination.

"Harry?"

"My name. My name's Harry."

Louis nodded, smiling. "Nice to meet you then, Harry,"

And Harry nods, leaning his head against the window, shooting one last glance at the cold brick corner where he spent the past five years.