Good Girls

Hermione Granger walked into her favorite place, the library, and made a beeline for the back of the room. She took a seat near the window overlooking the Black Lake and began to take out her supplies. She had a long night of studying ahead of her. Hermione began to work on her Charms assignment. They had assigned 1 meter on the importance of wand movements. Hermione found it utterly boring, as this was something she had learned during first year. Yet here they were in 6th year learning it all over again.

After an hour's work, Hermione was nearing the end of her assignment. As she placed the finishing touches on her essay, writing furiously, a hand grazed her back. She looked up to see a figure retreating into the bookshelves. Weird. She looked back down at the table to see an origami swan. Hermione reached for the parchment.

My beautiful princess,

You work too hard. Be careful or you'll end up with frown lines. You would still look beautiful either way. I miss you more each day I'm away from you. I see you're in our favorite place. Hopefully I can see you again soon and we can pick up where we left off. I hope you remember our time together as I do.

With love,
your dashing prince

Hermione held the note and touched her fingers to her lips, where he had touched her not long ago. She smiled at the memory but was snapped out of it by her friends.

"Hey Hermione! Hermione?" Harry said waving a hand in front of her face. Ron stood behind him.

"Oh hi guys. How is everything?" she asked, shoving the note in her bag.

"What's making you smile like that? I'd reckon it was a bloke but that's a bit far-fetched for you," Ron said as he sat down at the table. Hermione smiled at him. She didn't know whether to be relieved he didn't think it was from a boy or to be upset that he didn't expect her to have someone in her life.

"Oh Ronald I was just smiling at my charms assignment. I finally finished it." Hermione said.

"We had a charms assignment?" Ron asked, a frightened look on his face. Harry looked scared too. Hermione laughed, it wasn't surprising they had forgotten about another item of schoolwork.

"You boys better get started. It took me nearly an hour," she said as she pulled out another piece of parchment to do her potions essay. Slughorn didn't ask for much but she wanted to be on his good side. The trio did work in the library for two hours Until Ron decided he was tired and headed back to the Gryffindor common room. Harry stayed with Hermione for another half an hour.

"I'm heading back now Hermione. Also, don't take what Ron says to heart, he doesn't realize he's being insensitive. Any guy would be lucky to have you," Harry said as he got up and left. Hermione smiled and pulled out a small piece of parchment to write to her prince.

My dashing prince,

Your letter made me smile. It also resulted in me nearly getting caught daydreaming about your lips on mine by my friends. I long for your touch. Our spot, tomorrow at 5? I know it's right before Slughorn's party but I fear I cannot last much longer

With love,
your beautiful princess

Hermione folded her letter into a paper crane and sent it via an owl to her prince. She then packed up her things and left the library, dreaming about being in his arms again. When she woke up, she found parchment in the shape of a flower on her dresser. She leaped out of bed and opened the intricately folded parchment:

My beautiful princess,

I'm counting the minutes. I cannot wait to see you in your dress. See you tonight.

With love,
your dashing prince

Hermione smiled as she put the parchment down and got ready for her day. It was Friday so she had potions and charms today. "Hermione" came a voice. Hermione turned to see Lavender Brown with her hands on Hermione's letter. "Who's writing these letters to you?"

"It's a joke between me and a friend. Don't worry about it Lavender," Hermione said with a nervous laugh. Lavender looked at Hermione with a disbelieving look but didn't push any further, much to Hermione's surprise. Hermione pulled out another piece of parchment and began:

My dashing prince,

Today is the day. Hopefully my owl delivers this at the right time and I get to see the look on your face. Enjoy what is enclosed.

With love,
your beautiful princess

The day flew by and it was lunch time. Hermione sat in the Great Hall and quietly ate her meal, jittering with excitement. She looked up as her owl dropped her parchment in the shape of a snowflake into the lap of her prince. She smiled as their eyes met for a second and watched him as he opened the package. His eyes grew wide and he stuffed the package into his pocket haphazardly. Little did Hermione know that someone was watching the entire exchange.
——-
I decided to make this a two-part because it was going to be so long. Stay tuned for part 2!