Closed Doors

The rays of the sun seeped through his window and danced on his eyelids. He opened his eyes and found a heap of curls splayed on his bare chest. He leaned over and placed a small careful kiss on her head and then on her lips. She stirred and opened her eyes lightly. A smile graced her delicate features.

"Did I wake you?," he asked gently. She shook her head and snuggled closer to him. "I love you," he whispered, inching closer to her face. He placed a kiss on her nose.
"I love you too. We should be getting up now."
"5 more minutes Mi. You can't expect me to get up without some incentive"
"And what would that be, Mr. Malfoy? A jinx?"
"How about a kiss?"
"No can do. Morning breath." He groaned at her answer. "Come on," she grabbed his hand, "we best be going or else were going to be late and I don't know how to answer questions about this." She waved her hands around to prove her point.
"Fine," he groaned. She tried to pull him out of bed but he pulled her back down onto his chest. An 'oof' came from the brunettes mouth. Draco let out a chuckle and picked up Hermione. He put her on her feet on the cold tile in the bathroom and placed a kiss on her cheek. He walked into one of the two showers in the heads dormitory and turned on the tap.

Seven minutes later, Draco and Hermione left the heads common room heading for breakfast. They split apart before they entered the Great Hall and went to their own classes.

Several hours later Draco was whistling as he walked through the corridors. It was Friday and he had the whole weekend to spend with his princess. He whispered the password in front of the old portrait and made his way into the red and green room. Hermione wasn't supposed to be back for another 40 minutes. He made his way into the kitchen and picked up an apple. He walked up the stairs while munching on his apple and walked into his bedroom. Kicking off his shoes, he laid on his bed and opened up one of Hermione's books.

40 minutes and 94 pages later, he heard the portrait open. He heard two hushed whispers making their ways up the stairs and go into Hermione's room.

"Draco is probably at the library but he'll be back any minute." Hermione said.
"Why am I here though?" Came a voice he knew. A voice very familiar. A voice so similar to that of his friends.
"I need you. I need only you for this."
"But why can't you just ask Draco? You two are dating."
"But he can't help me with this"
"Why not?"
"Look if anyone finds out then I'm going to be a laughing stock. You need to help me."
"How did you even manage this?"
"I don't know Zabini. Less talking, more working." A series of groans came from the room.
"Hermione this isn't working"
"Zabini I'm going to kill you"
"It's stuck Hermione, it's stuck"
"Well pull harder. pull out! OUT! Zabini your pushing!"
"Opposite forces woman why did I agree to this?"
"Because you are a decent human?"
"Glad you think that"
"If Draco finds out, he's going to kill me."
"Well maybe you should have made a better decision?"
"Oh my god this is so embarrassing. Zabini pull god damn it!"

Draco had heard enough at this point. "What is going on?" He yelled as he opened the door. He did not expect to see the image of his girlfriend and his bestfriend sprawled on the floor when he opened the door. Zabinis hand was on Hermione's.
"Oh Draco. I'm so sorry. It's not what it looks like"
"Oh what? My best friend and my girlfriend sneaking around"
"Zabini can we have a moment?"
"Yeah sure. Kick me out. They guy who was just trying to help. I'll see you at dinner. If you two make it there in one piece."

Blaise walked out of the room and down the stairs. The portrait slammed shut as he exited their common room.

"What the hell were you two doing?"
"I really don't want you to know. You'll be mad"
"No I won't. Okay maybe I will. It depends."
"Well you know how we were talking about getting married last night?"
"Yeah. After graduation."
"And you showed me the ring"
"Yes the Malfoy ring."
"Well I put it on last night after you went to lay down to see how it would fit and then you called me up to bed so I just left it on and I woke up this morning and saw it and I tried to get it off but it wouldn't so I asked Blaise to skip Transfiguration and help me."
"So you do want to get married"
"That's all you got out of my tortuous story?" She asked as she looked down at her feet, disappointed.
"Hermione," he said as he place a finger beneath her chin, "that ring is meant to only be taken off by a Malfoy if you truly love them and they you."
"So you can take it off"
"I could but I quite like it on" he smiled and she threw her arms around him. Oh how she loved her ferret. She pulled away gingerly as a thought came to her mind.
"But Draco, what did you think we were doing?"
"Oh nothing you know"
"But you were so angry. Did you think Zabini and me were sneaking around behind your back?"
"No of course not"
"Draco, I'm going to go sleep in MY bed because you are not being very truthful."
"Fine. Yes" he said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.
"You're so stupid"
"But you love me anyway"
"No I'm only here for the jewelry"
"Of course. Now let's get to bed"
"But Draco it's only 5 pm. It's not even dinner time yet"
"Oh Miss Granger, I fear you did not hear me correctly. I merely said get to bed not to sleep." She smiled at his words as he pulled her up the stairs. They would make a lovely married couple. And lovely parents. Now which of those came first is your call.

~~fin