Centipede Cutie

Começar do início

   Turning, I was met with a white haired woman with with brown eyes, a worried look on her face along with a white gauze patch on her cheek messily falling off. "Todo." I called, watching him creep out of the closet. The woman breaks down in tears and runs towards her son, I assume, and traps him in a hug. "Oh my gosh your okay!" She squealed, hugging him again and kissing his cheeks. He was smiling slightly now, his mood in higher spirits. "Are you okay?" He asked, looking at the gauze on her cheek. "That was yesterday. I'm good today though. I've stayed out of his way so I think it's going well. I'm sorry he kicked you out baby. It was my fault." She said, a few start tears streaming done her face. "It's okay, I'm staying with a friend." He said, pointing towards me. "Hello, I'm Midoriya." I said, greeting her with a handshake but was trapped in a hug instead. Hugging her back, she whispers a small 'thank you for taking care of him' before pulling away.

   "Why are you here?" She asked, looking at his bag. "I needed clothes. But mom, I'll be back for you. I promise things will be better." He assured her, gong to his dresser and pulling out folded clothes. "Don't worry about me. I've managed for this long." She smiled, instantly faltering when she heard a booming voice downstairs. "Rei get your sorry ass down here!" I heard, Todoroki instantly staring daggers towards the door. "I'm going down there." He whispered before ripping open his door and stomping down stairs. I shared a worriedly look with his mom before be both ran after him, stopping to grab his bag. He was already there before us. "What the fuck is the ungrateful child doing here!" He screamed walking over to Rei and slapping her. She didn't falter, I assumed used to this type of treatment. Checking in her, she assured she was fine. "Who is this kid?" He asked pointing at me. "He's my friend." He says coldly, his eyes terrifyingly scary. Their fight gave me time to look at his father. He was very tall and had red hair with slight stubble on his face. He looked scary but not too frightening.

   "Oh, look. The pathetic child has a friend. How sweet." he said, in a mock sweet voice. "You don't need friends Shoto. You need to get yourself in line to be the next heir of the business. Your other siblings are uncapable. But I thought you had a chance. Looks like you proved me wrong." he said, suddenly becoming loud. "Sho, lets just go." I said, walking to him but before I was able to grab his hand, his dad slapped my face. It wasn't super hard but it definitely surprised me. Grabbing my face, Rei stood scared by the stairs, Todoroki staring intently at his father. "I'm not scared of you." I said, moving him behind me. "Oh, did you think you scare me. I'm not scared by a goth boy in a skirt. You disgust me." "Great. judge me because I'm not like you. But your son isn't like you either." and with that, I dragged Todoroki out the front door. 

   "That was awesome." he said, smiling like a madman. "It was nothing. Your dad is a total dick head." I said, still mad about the whole thing. "I can agree with that statement. I managed to grab my wallet if you still wanna shop." he said, stopping at the road between the arcade and the shops around town. "You grabbed your bag and I have a bunch of pent up anger. Let's start our challenge a little early. We are playing centipede." I said, dragging him to the arcade. Once inside, there was a few kids and parents but they were playing the little childrens games and trying their best to win prizes in the claw machines.

   "Hey mom! Can we get two cups of coins?" I asked. "I have money. I don't need them I can pay." My mom stopped him. "You don't need to do that sweetie. Your fine." she said, handing him a cup of the gold coins along with my own. Taking them to the game, he leans on the machine next to it as I put in a coin. Starting the first level, the little one pixel bullets shoot the mushrooms and spiders along with the centipede itself. You get points for every object you shoot depending on how close and far they are until the centipede eats you. I had managed to get pretty far with 14,050 points which in game logic isn't super far but a good start. 

   "Fuck you're good at this game." he said, now looking at the front. "Really, that's actualy an okay score for the game." I said, thinking he was trying to be humble after his father literally slapped me today. "Really? I suck at this." he said, now putting in a coin. I was curious to see now. Leaning over his shoulder I watch as his icon is now being eaten by a centipede the final score 3,490. "Wow, you really do suck. I'll give you some advice though. Don't try to shoot things far away. Stay in close range and it will help when you attack." I siad, shoving him and putting in a coin to try again, my score now 17,320. 

   It was his turn now and he did suprisingly better. Updating the notes on my phone, I put in his final score of 11,060 for his second round. He was getting better. I was getting scared. If he beats me, this dare could be anything. Whatever, I was still doing better than him. Continuing our game, we played more times than ever getting in about fifty games each before we calculated our final scores, mine being a whopping 413,690 and his being 397,420.  Jumping up and down, I was so happy I beat him by a measly 16,270 points. I was extatic, smiling crazily. He said, something that made me smile a little bit more.

   "You're really cute when you win."

Izuku: 2

Shoto: 1 

Games Left: 2