Slam

Something's off about all this.

Two months ago they were in love. Beyond in love. They were planning a tour, they were finishing up an album, they were planning to adopt.

What the hell went wrong?

Jack isn't sure as he wakes up with a throbbing headache to the sound of a door unlocking. Alex is back.

The sound of keys of shuffling an be heard from the living room as Alex tosses empty cans and bottles into the recycling. Things Jack left out before stumbling into bed.
His eyes are still puffy from crying and his dual-toned hair is stuck up in different places.

Alex stomps into the room, disregarding Jack's depressing state and starts throwing his clothes into boxes. He looks different. His hair is faded and longer. It's a mess. He obviously hasn't shaved in a while either.

"Hey," Jack says, his voice sounding hoarse from the cry he's been doing.
Alex gives him a tight-lipped smile as he continues throwing clothes into boxes. "Do you want any help with-"
"Go take some pain meds and go back to bed," Alex interrupts. "I won't be here very long."

Jack sighs and follows Alex's instructions. He's already left their bedroom by the time he's back.

Jack listens to Alex rummaging around in the living room. He can't sleep. He can't think. It's like the deep pit in his stomach is sinking lower and lower and lower until it's fallen through the floor.

Then, just as Jack things can't get any worse, he hears the front door slam with the sound of heartbreak.