Wicked: The Good and The Douche.

Start from the beginning

        I pursed my lips. "There's no reason I should be. I mean, he should be the one getting mad at me, I slapped him without fully knowing and most of all, I accused him. That must've been the worst thing you could ever do to someone."

        "Besides leaving someone without any explicable reason?"

        My mind doubled over, my breath hitched. What did he just say?

        Adam's eyes widened. "I... I'm sorry. I didn't mean that."

        Adam had the most reassuring expressions. I didn't want to shake the boat and I most certainly wanted to enjoy this little out-of-town (or more like out of mess) trip. And besides, it was his birthday, might be wiser not to spoil it.

        I laughed at him. "Don't sweat it, kiddo. And, as a matter of fact, yeah. I think accusing someone of something they didn't do is the worst thing you could do to a person."

        "But you didn't know." Adam insisted.

        Sam cleared her throat. "Eh-ehem, you lovebirds, I'm here, remember?"

        Adam laughed. "You're mental, Sam. You know that?"

        She threw her hands in the air. "Hey, I was just saying. In case you forget."

        I shook my head, laughing. By now, we were ascending the step-by-step black-formica coated staircase and with each step, Sam and I continued to be fascinated by the surrounding that stretched around us. At the stair wall, photo frames of Adam as he grew up delighted our eyes. Sam laughed at some and I at most. Adam seemed to be a very conscious man when it comes to his appearance and well-being, which made me helplessly wonder how he accumulated such conceitedness that could cover up an entire planet.

        He led us left and straight when we reached the third level. Our room was the last door on the left, at the very edge.

        "You'll love the view here, it's fantastic. That's why I chose to assign you here." He said before opening the door for both Sam and I.

        Directly in front of the door was a floor-to-ceiling glass window, the lake stretching before us. Adam was right; it was fantastic – over fantastic even. Words weren't enough to describe the feeling you get from it just by looking at it. I realized I had stepped further into the room, toward the window. Wow.

        "Wow." Sam muttered. "I guess I couldn't get enough of this."

        "Beautiful, isn't it?" Adam cooed. "So, I'll let you girls talk... and do your thing. I'll see you later."

        Adam left with a kiss on Sam's cheek and ruffle on my hair. He's always loved doing that; ruffling my hair and seeing me get all pouty when he does. As soon as he was out, Sam dragged me to the deluxe bed and zipped open my duffel. She searched for my bikinis and tossed them to me.

        "Change, quick!"

        "Aren't you too excited about me being here?"

        "Oh honey, you don't know half of it."

        By eight we've already had wonderful candlelight dinner at the deck by the lake. Everyone was so enthusiastic; you'd think there weren't two particular human beings in the table who were both measuring how to act and what to say in front of the other. Sam was really thrilled to see me come, after all the few times I missed band practice, she thought I was going to sit this one out. But I had promised Adam. And besides, I needed a day out – or three days out.