12- What Is Happening?

(Y/N) was currently bobbing around the sky in a bubble, remembering how they had levitated through a huge bubble wand and were blasted out of the ocean.

"Don't elves ever do anything the normal way?" Sophie asked as she and (Y/N) looked down at the foaming white-capped waves below.

"Where's the fun in that?" Alden teased, letting a smile stretch across his face.

(Y/N) grinned back, before she felt a hand slide into hers. "Ready to go home?" FItz asked, holding up the pathfinder and flashing a smile at (Y/N).

Before she could say anything, the bubble popped, and she couldn't get anything past her mouth before she was whisked away by the light.

_

(Y/N) let go of Fitz's hand as she squinted into the light of Everglen.

"I thought you meant our homes'," Sophie said, gesturing towards (Y/N) and herself.

"What exactly are we doing he-"

There was a flash of light that cut the comment off midway, and two elves came out, one with light blonde hair and olive skin, dark blue eyes like an ocean in the middle of a storm. The other had a more quiet like personality to her, with long black hair and blue eyes so light they almost seemed white.

"You've got some nerve summoning me," The first one yelled, directing his angry gaze towards Alden. Making his way to Alden, he stood inches away from him, glaring him straight on. "I'd sooner be exiled than train anyone in your family."

"Yes, Tiergan," Alden said, taking a step back and flashing a small smile. "I'm well aware of your opinion of me. I can assure you, I wouldn't have summoned you if I wasn't convinced that it would be what Prentice would want."

Tiergan's fiery facade crumbled, but his eyes were still narrowed. "Since when were you the expert on anything Prentice wanted?"

"Who's Prentice?" Sophie blurted out. (Y/N) clapped a hand over her mouth, but it was too late.

Tiergan whirled around to their direction, and his eyes widened, blinking twice as if seeing if his eyes were fooling him or not.

"Yes," Alden said. "Whatever your thinking, yes. Tiergan, I'd like you to meet Sophie Foster and (Y/N) (L/N). Foxfire's newest prodigies, with one of them needing a telepathy Mentor, and the other needing a Charger Mentor."

Tiergan still seemed unbelieving as he swallowed harshly, his weary eyes never leaving (Y/N) or Sophie. "Their the ones, aren't they? The ones that Prentice was hiding?"

"Yes. They've both been living with humans for the past twelve years." Alden answered.

"Okay, seriously," Sophie interrupted once more. "Who is Prentice, and what does he have to do with us?"

"I'm sorry, Sophie, but that's classified information." Alden said quietly.

"But it's about us." (Y/N) joined in, looking at Sophie and giving her a small smile and a nod.

"If it becomes important for you to know, I will tell you- both of you. But, for now, all everyone needs to know is that you both are some of the most powerful elves I've ever seen, and that both of you need Mentor's. Which is why I summoned both of you," Alden turned back to the older elves. (Y/N) looked at the long-haired female, curious. She seemed quiet, but held a sort of fire behind her eyes that showed (Y/N) that she had more power than she was letting on. Alden had turned to Tiergan, continuing on trying to convince him to mentor Sophie. In that time, the lady had come forward to (Y/N).

"I take it that you're (Y/N)?" She said, flashing a small smile. (Y/N) nodded. "It's nice to meet you," The elf continued, pushing a hand forward, as if to shake hands. (Y/N) took her dainty hand, shaking it gently. "I've heard a lot about you, (Y/N). You are... quite an interesting elf."

Not creepy at all... (Y/N) thought, trying to hide her startled expression.

"Wait!" Sophie eventually interrupted, bringing (Y/N)'s attention back to her. "Don't we get a say in any of this?"

"What do you mean?" Alden asked, confused.

Sophie sent an affirmative nod towards (Y/N). "We're not exactly sure," Sophie started, seeing if (Y/N) agreed with her. She gave her a nod. "If we want to get better at our abilities."

"Are you crazy? Do you have any idea what an opportunity this is-" Fitz asked, looking at (Y/N) and Sophie as if they were the ones who were yelling about 'missing opportunities'.

Luckily, Tiergan raised a finger, silencing Fitz. He stepped forward, meeting Sophie's eyes. "Being a Telepath around humans is quite a burden. I'll bet you've had terrible headaches and heard all kinds of things you didn't want to hear," Tiergan said, getting a nod from Sophie. Then, he turned to (Y/N). "And I bet that it must've been terrifying when you first manifested, especially with the danger surrounding your ability. You must've been terrified of losing control in front of everyone," He murmured. (Y/N) slowly nodded.

Tiergan frowned, before turning away and muttering something that sounded a lot like 'irresponsible' under his breath. He turned back to (Y/N) and Sophie once more, a small smile on his face.

"Well, it doesn't have to be like that anymore. With the proper training you could get from us- me and Thora," Tiergan started, sharing a look with the lady behind him. "You can learn to manage your abilities. But you both have a choice. There should always be a choice," Tiergan said, increasing his voice when saying the last sentence as if for Alden's benefit. "If any of you don't want the training, then you don't have to have to."

It was quiet for a bit as (Y/N) and Sophie thought over their options. (Y/N) spared a quick glance at the lady behind Tiergan, or Thora as he had said. The elf caught her gaze, and sent her a small smile.

(Y/N) looked at Sophie, who sent her a small nod. Looking forward once more, (Y/N) waited for Sophie to deliver the words.

"I guess we could give it a try."