03- The Bomb Has Been Dropped

Back to school.

Yipee.

(Y/N) trudged out of the orphanage, ignoring the other kids who shoved and pushed against each other.

Idiots.

The girl walked along the road to get to her school. It was only a couple blocks away, so, of course, the orphanage said that she could walk, because they were cheap and didn't want to pay for a bus ride.

_

Riiiiing!

(Y/N) shot up in her seat, her nap interrupted by the harsh ringing of the bell. Everyone, once again, stampeded out of the room. (Y/N) looked up at the board, where the teacher stood with the marker against it. He sighed, then picked up his bag, probably wondering why he was a teacher in the first place.

(Y/N) got up, about to head out the door, when her eye snagged on something outside the window. Or someone.

The teal-eyed boy- Fitz- stood outside on the field, his hands in his pockets and looking around.

Wow, he really is a stalker.

And then, right at that moment, he turned around to face (Y/N). Flashing her a grin, he gestured for her to meet him there. (Y/N) deadpanned. Then walked off.

_

Tugging on her hood, (Y/N) exited the school premises, ready to take a quick walk or go to Starbucks for a quick drink.

"(Y/N), wait!"

(Y/N) huffed, whirling around to see Fitz running after her.

"What do you want?"

Fitz stopped in front of (Y/N), looking down to meet her eyes.

Curse my height, The girl thought as she was forced to look up at Fitz.

"I... I need to tell you something."

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

"You've made that quite clear."

Fitz sighs, slightly annoyed at (Y/N)'s sarcasm and lack of emotion.

There was silence. (Y/N) looked to the side, noticing how the place was empty.

"Well... I guess I'll get going. Bye."

(Y/N) then promptly turned around and was about to easily walk off when Fitz said something that stopped her in her tracks.

"Sophie sent me."

_

(Y/N) looked over her shoulder, sending him a suspicious look. "How do you know who Sophie is?"

Fitz looked hesitant, but sighed.

"You see... I met Sophie yesterday. At her school field trip. I-I know about her telepathy."

(Y/N) gaped at him, surprised that he knew her friend's most deepest secret.

"I also know about your electricity."

The world seemed to slow down, until it was only Fitz and (Y/N). She had a panicked look on her face, as she was internally freaking out.

"Wh-what?" She managed to stutter out.

"You-we're not normal." He said, then made direct eye contact with (Y/N). And then delivered the words that changed everything.

"You're an elf, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) stared at him as if he had grown another head. Her mind was completely blank, void of thought. She just managed to stutter out two sentences.

"Your crazy. Get some help."

And then (Y/N) ran off. She could hear Fitz shouted at her to come back, but she ignored him.

She ran and ran, past the park, past a street, on and on and on, until her calves ached. She took a sharp right into an alley and watched as Fitz ran past, still shouting her name. (Y/N) let out a sigh of relief, then checked both ways before making her way to the orphanage.

_

(Y/N) opened the messaging app, texting Sophie.

(N/N): Do u happen to know the Fitz guy?

(Y/N) impatiently waited for an answer, her fingers tapping against the case of her phone. After a couple of seconds, the three dots came back up. Once again, Sophie took her sweet time to answer.

Soph: Yes

(N/N): Did u tell him about my lightning?

Soph: I'm sorry.

Betrayal bubbled deep within (Y/N)'s gut, clouding her mind with it's darkened thoughts. It hurt.

(N/N): Why?

Soph: I really am sorry, (N/N). But, he can help us

(N/N): pls don't tell me u believe his elf nonsense.

No answer. (Y/N) sighed.

Soph: Fitz showed me things that I've never seen before. He took me to a different world. I saw a goblin! A real-life goblin!

(Y/N) stared down at her phone, wondering if this actually wasn't some horrible prank. If Sophie had seen something, a whole other world, wouldn't that be enough proof? It would explain the lightning-like ability she had.

(N/N): This better not be a prank...

Soph: So u believe me?

(N/N): Sadly

(Y/N) could practically feel the happiness and relief emanating from the text that Sophie sent.

Soph: Great! Fitz will come again. Just... follow what he says, k?

(N/N): Fine...