Chap 18: you are loved

Start from the beginning

And right now he didn't, he didn't feel anywhere near worthy. To be the omega Jungkook needed and deserved.

"He's right isn't he? I'm never going to be good enough to be your omega, no matter how hard I try." Jimin couldn't even bring himself to look him in the eyes, to shrouded in this disgusting quilt.

Jungkook's aura and scent instantly changed, turning into one that entailed so many deep rooted emotions. There is this almost painful distance of silence in which swallows the room. It both deadly and terrifying in very different ways.

Jimin didn't know what it meant, this disgusting quiet that staled the air and made his insecurities rise. Jungkook's sharp glare bore into him, like he's calculating his next move, next action which could change everything.

"Don't ever speak like that. Don't disrespect me by telling me whose worthy for me. Only I know that, no one else." Jungkook's wolf is enraged, insulted that his omega-his mate thought he isn't good enough. Because in reality he is the one that isn't, he's the one lacking, the one yet to prove he's worthy of this beautiful, ravishing omega.

The breathe catches in Jimin's throat, his own wolf keening at the dominance alluding off the alpha so slickly. Oozing off every crevice, every pore, radiating to the point of blindness.

Jimin isn't sure whether he should be excited or absolutely petrified. Jungkook-his alpha looked angry, searing with rage that his eyes looked like they might ignite in flames.

"You are my omega, mine. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Fuck them. This is our life, not theirs. My step father is an asshole who knows nothing. I've never listened to him and I'm certainly not going to start now." Jungkook towers over him, stray hairs hooding over his temple.

They stare into each other's erotic eyes, the tension spilling out and turning thick. Jimin would've shallowed if there was any saliva to perish. His body quivered, his scent showers with an aggressive tint that made you want to gag at how sickly sweet it smelt, stinging your eyes and nostrils-A reflex when an omega were scared. Suffocate the threat with foul sweetness in order to disorientate them and leave them weak so you could make your escape.

Jungkook goes to reach out for him, grace the back of his hand against his tender cheek but Jimin flinches away. A smothering rollercoaster of emotions were dwelling inside him, all battling to break the surface.

Jungkook looks hurt by his actions, seeing his omega scared for his touch didn't rest well in his stomach. It frightened him, made him terrified that the only thing he has ever loved in the world is scared of him. Afraid of his touch. His omega is scared of him and that made him hate himself.

So in an attempt to swindle that fear he in one swift, tender like movement cups Jimin's face, cheeks being squished in his large hands. He doesn't give Jimin the chance to retract or deny him. His lips are on his in less than a second, melting away all the insecurities and doubts either two had.

Jimin stiffens at the bold action, mouth agape as he gasped in surprise. But all the tension and smokey emotions to which chained him were slowly being thrown away.

The simple touch of his alphas lips on his own, his scent getting shoved down his throat couldn't be more reassuring. The knowledge of knowing Jungkook could still love him even with his flaws in itself is a sign that just maybe they are meant to be together.

Mates.

Mates was something he never quite believed, he could never grasp the idea as the thought that two people were destined to be only seemed to be a fairytale sold to you as children. Not something real that could really happen.

Jimin had never seen proof of it, not really. His parents certainly weren't meant to be-destined. His omega father was not destined to be beaten and abused by his mate the way his did.

So from that alone he always refused to believe that mates were out there. That he had one waiting for him to be his. To mark and scent him to show others he's taken. He didn't like the thought of being marked, or being claimed as someone's because he saw the consequences of it, of how the mark controls you. Once you've been marked it can never be taken away, never be forgotten. Like a stain that can never come out.

But yet, the thought of being marked by Jungkook, be the man willing to do anything to prove his love, his devotion seemed rather tempting. The way he could so easily shatter his self doubt and insecurities with one simple kiss spoke more than any words of hatred could. Because in this kiss he could feel everything, every emotion, every lingering thought, every subtle swell of his heart. It was like Jungkook was giving himself to him, all of him.

He knew it probably sounded stupid, a cliche but that's truly how he felt. How he could explain it. This kiss spoke a thousand words. More than either of them could ever say.

He could feel the tingling in his stomach, the igniting spark that shone bright the moment their lips touched. He could also sense the desperation, the fear in his alpha that told him he was scared to loss him. Almost like he was telling him without having to say it.

"I love you. I love you so much." Jungkook's voice cracked as he spoke, he sounded like he was on the verge of tears.

He sniffles, going to stuff his face in the crook of Jimin's neck, where his scent gland sat so he could savour his sweet, addicting smell that would only ever bring him comfort.

Jimin's heart did leaps, his chest tightening at seeing his alpha so vulnerable, so raw. It was almost an honour, knowing he could make such a dominant alpha weak made him realise just how strong their bond is.

Jungkook really did love him.

He could smell it in his pheromones, feel it in his heart. Jungkook clings to him like a koala bear, clutching his sides so tightly almost like he's afraid he'd vanish.

That was enough for Jimin to know. To finally realise he's enough, he's worthy and most importantly loved by his alpha.

"I love you too, my alpha." Jimin scrunches his fingers in his hair, lightly lifting up his face so their glistening eyes could meet and tangle.

They both were so vulnerable, so raw that it made the moment that much more powerful. Because it made them realise the effect one another had. How without each other they would be lost and alone.

Lost and alone without anyone to love.

......
Sorry for the late update & the fact it was really just a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I just felt it was needed.

Love you my honeybuns💕