Roaring Sports Festival - Part 5

Y/N heard her own and her classmates' footsteps echoing in the tunnel, the sound slowly disappearing and the wild cheers from the crowd taking over. The girl was blinded by the sunlight as she stepped onto the large field, her eyes moving to her father in the announcer's booth, watching as he gazed at his students with a bored expression. Well, Y/N couldn't exactly see his hues that well, seeing as he was completely covered in bandages, looking like a weird mummy with hair. But she knew that under that bored mask that he wore, there was worry and a little bit of excitement for his students, making Y/N's heart warm. Present Mic's voice boomed throughout the entire stadium, Y/N straightening her posture as she walked. 

''Th-Th-There are so many people!'' Izuku said, gulping with worry. 

''Will we be able to give our best performance being watched by so many people?'' Iida wondered, also glancing at the massive crowd. 

''This is also part of the training required to become a hero'' Y/N said, slowly raising her hand and waving to the people with a small smile on her face.

 ''Man, Present Mic's going overboard with that praise! I'm getting nervous! Aren't you, Bakugou?'' Kirishima asked, rubbing the back of his neck, shy in front of the thousands of people. 

''No, I'm just getting more into it'' Kacchan said, a smirk on his features. Present Mic announced the other classes as they walked in too, everybody gathering in the middle of the gigantic field. A popular hero in rather curve-revealing clothing walked onto a podium, holding up a small whip-like object.

  ''Time for the player pledge!'' She shouted, the crowd going mad, looking at her. Kirishima blushed, looking at the woman shyly. 

''What is Ms. Midnight wearing??'' He questioned, his red as face as his hair. 

''That's an R-Rated Hero for you...'' Y/N mumbled, the tiniest of blushes looming on her face as well.

 ''Is it okay for her to be at a high school even though she's R-Rated?'' Tokoyami wondered, Mineta basically tearing up at his luck. 

''Quiet, everyone! Representing the students is Y/N L/N from Class 1-A!'' Midnight announced, the girl's eyes widening.

 ''Y/N-sama?'' Deku mumbled, surprised. Her class immediately looked at her with encouraging eyes (well, except for bakubitch), motioning for her to move onto the podium. She smiled a bit, even if she was panicking on the inside.

 ''She did place first in the Entrance Exam!'' Sero said, the people from other courses rolling their eyes. 

''In the hero course'' One girl said, crossing her arms.

 ''R-Right...'' Midoriya muttered, Hanta whispering to him: ''It's obvious, she hates us''.

 Y/N heard that, gulping down her fears. By now she was on the podium, the stadium so silent you could hear a pin drop. 

''I hope that everybody tries their best today! No matter what course you're in, I wish you good luck!'' She said into the mic, standing straight and proud. The students and audience cheered loudly, L/N's grin wide. She made her way down the small set of stairs, her classmates all coming to thank her for not messing it up. A few people from other courses also smiled at her, giving her a thumbs up. Suddenly, the screens inside the stadium lit up, saying 'First Game!'.

 ''Now, let's get started right away! The first game is what you'd call a qualifier! Every year, many drink their tears here! Now, here is the fateful first game! This year it's...this!'' Midnight announced, a counter-like game-picker behind her on a screen. Y/N smirked seeing what it was, a plan forming in her head.