CH 39// Alex's Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Mm-hm" Charlie replied taking the plate in his hands. He carefully made his way out of the kitchen and found Alex cooing at a baby in a womens arms. The baby looked up at him and giggled. Charlie smiled as he walked up to Alex. He really was good with kids. He stuck the plate in front of Alex's view.

"Ooh! Gimme!" He said excited. He took the plate and almost immidiatly scooped a big piece into his mouth. "Thank you" He said with a mouthfull. Charlie giggled and had to resist the urge to just kiss his adorable face a dozen times. He didn't like hiding their relationship somethimes. But he understood if Alex wasn't ready to come out to his family just yet. And it wasn't like he himself was ready to come out either. He had a feeling Mia would be more than accepting of it. What scared him was people at school finding out.

Just as Charlie was heading back to the kitchen to fetch some more cake, there was a small knock on the door. He looked around to see if anyone else noticed it but everyone was preoccupied with their conversations. He went up to the door and opened it to find Katie standing outside.

"Hi" She said giving a small wave. "I'm not too late am I?"
Charlie shook his head and allowed her to come in.

"Oh, Katie!" Alex said from across the room. He ran up to her with a smile and an already empty plate. "I'm so glad you could make it".

"Yeah, sorry I'm late. The Green Team meeting lasted a little longer than expected". She said.

"Eh, don't worry about it you didn't miss much" Alex replied. "There's cake in the kitchen if you want some" He offered.

"Ooh, yes please" She said. "Where should I put this?" She held up a dark blue gift bag.

"Just put it over there" Alex said pointing to a small table by the window.

"Okay" Katie said. She didn't move just yet though. "Um.." She looked down at her feet. "I'm real sorry by the way. I never met to come between you two".

"Don't worry about it Katie" Alex spoke softly. "It's all in the past now".

Katie nodded and looked back up with a smile. "I'm glad we can all be friends again" She said before making her way to the table.

"Did you get any cake yet?" Alex asked looking over to Charlie.

"Mm-mm" Charlie replied shaking his head. Alex gasped dramatically.

"We have to fix that right away" He said dragging him to the kitchen.
Charlie let out a laugh and gladly followed his goof ball.

After a few hours, the party started to die down and people were going home. Alex received lots of hugs, smooches from his Aunts, presents, money and birthday cards.

"You wanna spend the night?" Alex asked while playing one of his new games, Animal crossing, on his D.S.
Charlie looked up at him, then behind the couch over to Mia who was only a few feet away. She was talking to Heather but breifly looked over to Charlie to give him a nod. She must have heard what Alex had asked him already. Charlie smiled and looked back over to Alex.
"Mm-hm!" He replied.
"Sweet!" Alex said smiling sweetly.

That night, after eveybody had left, Charlie and Alex headed to the bedroom to hang out. At first they watched T.V together until they got bored. Then they just cuddled and started chatting about nothing.

"Are you doing anything tommorow?" Alex asked. His fingers ran through Charlie's hair, making the boy a bit drowsy. At first he was going to say no since he was used to not having any plans. But then he remembered that he had to go to trial. He started to bite his nail again out of habbit. "Hey" Alex said softly. He pulled Charlie's hand away from his mouth. "Did you bring your pacifier like I asked?"