Hogwarts again

When Harry woke the next morning, Draco was asleep in the chair next to his bed. Harry wished he would fuck off and leave him alone. He lay in bed for a while, listening to Draco's soft breathing and wondering about the future. What if the potion hadn't worked? What then? Would he have to give up being an Auror? The stigma attached to being a werewolf didn't bear thinking about. Remus had a shit life. Dumbledore was the only one who had given him a break, with the Order and a position at Hogwarts. HOGWARTS! He sat up gingerly.

'Malfoy.' He hissed. 'Malfoy!'

'Ummm.' Was the drowsy reply.

'MALFOY!'

Draco woke with a start. 'What?'

'Oh, for fucks sake. Just unhook me from all this shit will you.'

'I can't, you're Jacob's patient now.'

'Well, get a fucking nurse to do it then. I want out of bed; I need a shower; and some food. Get me some food too?'

'Merlin, Potter. What happened to you overnight? I'm not your bloody servant.'

'No, but you're the only one here and I haven't eaten properly since I started crawling round that fucking forest. I'm hungry. Dirty. And I need a shower.'

'The nurse gave you a bed bath.'

'Fuck off, Malfoy. That's not a proper wash.'

'Apparently she was very thorough. She was telling everyone at the nurses' station, in detail.' His lips curled in a sneering smile.

'Fine, if you're going to be a fucking dick about this, I'll do it myself.' Harry was resolute, unwavering, almost ruthless in his determination.

'Oh no you don't. I'll help you, just for your own safety. And you're not to get up until the nurse comes, you'll get light-headed after the anaesthetic, it tends to have that effect. I'll disconnect the IV drip but I'll have to leave the cannulas in.'

'I don't want any more morphine.'

'Fine, I'll take that one out.'

'Both.'

'I can't.'

'Yes, you can.' Harry's voice was sliced with a veiled threatening tone.

'Forceful, aren't you!' Draco drawled as he buzzed for the nurse and busied himself sorting out the IV.

Do you like it that way, Draco? Harry watched him closely. Draco sat on the edge of his bed again and cupped Harry's hand gently as long fingers delicately retrieved the long cannula needle that was sitting far into the vein on the back of Harry's hand. The electric tingle of his pulse fluttered in his wrist under Draco's touch. He ignored the sensation that threatened to splinter his reserve.

Unresolved tension was strung between them.

'Hold that on there.' Draco nodded at the cotton wool wad that he'd placed over the puncture wound. 'It'll stop bleeding pretty quickly.'

'Thank you.' They were facing each other, Draco merely a foot away, still holding Harry's hand softly in his. Harry didn't know where to look, Draco's touch made his breath catch in his throat, rendering him momentarily speechless.

'You're a damn sight nicer when you're not so arsy.' Draco released Harry's hand and pushed back that piece of hair from Harry's eyes that kept flopping forward and tucked it behind his ear. Harry felt like he couldn't breathe. Then Draco brushed a finger lightly against Harry's cheek in a movement so reminiscent of one seven years ago. 'How long have you had a beard?'