Chapter 27

"Baby you did what?" Jayce asked laughing.

"Mama punched her in her mouth it was so funny" Layla thought it was hilarious.

"Layla go upstairs"

"But-" Amber pointed at the stairs and she sulked as she went to her room.

"Why would you do that?"

"I told you why, she was very fucking rude"

"How?"

"She said maybe if I raised my daughter better she wouldn't act like an animal at school, so I told Layla to get in the car"

"Then what happened?"

"I said "repeat yourself please" and she started to get real cocky like I wasn't going to do anything, so before she could finish I punched that bitch in her mouth. Bitch don't ever speak on my child unless it's a high praise, that shit pissed me off and She over there acting like her son invented grass" he burst out laughing and she pouted. Amber stood and walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water.

"That's funny that she was talking shit about our daughter"

"No babe, but your really going off. These are white people, they probably about to press charges anf I'm going to have to pay this womans hospital bill too"

"Nah, no you don't we just going to let this bitch bleed out" he started laughing again as he grabbed her hand and guided her into his lap.

"I wanted to take my cookies back and everything, he don't even deserve them little snobby stuck up ass family"

"I'm sorry they were rude to you, how about we go out for dinner tonight?

"We can't do that either"

"Why not?

"I spoke to my dad today?"

"... What did he say?"

"He wants us all to have dinner with him and his family, I told him we'd come"

"Okay, we can all go"

"Good, I want us to look nice"

"Alright baby, when is it at?"

"7"

"It's only 4:30 we have some time before we have to go to dinner, do you have his address?"

"Yes" Amber's phone flashed with a message from Danielle.

Danielle- don't tell Jayce...

Me- ...?

Danielle- Shawn beat me up and raped me... I didn't know who to tell

Me- where are you?

Danielle- he won't let me leave I'm at home

Me- Alright I'll come get you

Danielle- thank you so much Amber

Amber grabbed her car keys.

"Where you going?"

"Shawn beat up Danielle and she needs help"

"Karma is a bitch"

"A big one"

"Why she tell you?"

"Because she didn't know who to tell, she didn't even want me to tell you, but why would me and Danielle be keeping secrets like this"

"So she just told you like you captain save a hoe" Amber laughed.

"It's so not funny, this is a serious situation"