New Book Alert!

*Beep Beep Beep* I shut off her alarm and groaned, I shot straight up in my bed and ran my hands down my face. It was the first day of my senior year and I was extremely excited, but so excited that I didn't go to sleep until 1 am. I was out with my friends so long I forgot I had school in the morning and I got an ear full from my mama when I got home. I got out of bed and into my shower, got dressed and did my makeup.

It was 7:05 and I knew my mama was up. I opened the door and there she was dressed in her pajamas and pink robe, white slippers her hair in a bun and a scarf around her head. She looked surprised to see me up on time.

"I'm up mama"

"I see, you look cute baby"

"Thank you and I must say that you look as bad as ever this morning"

"I'm not together yet girl don't judge me" She laughed and I covered my nose.

"Mama you ain't brush yet either, go on to your room and get yourself together now" I turned her around and walked her back to her room.

"When you use the mouth wash gargle, for a long time, matter fact don't even spit it out go ahead and swallow cause that breath ain't nice"

"I know you not trying to play me"

"Crest mouth wash is long lasting mama" I closed my mother's door and walked downstairs. I started on our breakfast, I made eggs, bacon, and toast for mama and pancakes for myself. I brewed coffee and fixed it the way she liked it before putting it in her travel mug. Mama came downstairs dressed in all white.

"Ooh look at you"

"Laysia stop I just threw this together"

"Yeah right, here" I handed her her mug and she tasted it.

"Thank you baby and thank you for cooking"

"Your welcome" I smiled as she began to eat. Yes, it's just me and my mama, my daddy walked out on us, so she had to provide for me by herself. My mama said it was the best choice he could have made because she was tired of his ass anyway. They weren't married, nor engaged just together and cohabitating. I was 8 when he told my mama that he was leaving, she didn't seem moved in anyway all she said was: "bye, and tell your receptionist I said hi" He was mad cause mama didn't care, then she told him: "you a lazy ass man, and father. You don't do shit for me nor your child, you wasting space and my damn time so if you want to leave you can matter fact I prefer you leave" It wasn't funny then, but remembering it now, it was pretty funny. My mom was ruthless with him and didn't give a fuck. I'm the exact same way, I thank God everyday that I'm a replica of my mom and not my dad. Alaysia Marie Wallace, top prosecutor in the state of Detroit. My mama locking folks up, she was known for her signature glare and she don't break her poker face. She was ruthless with her words and brutally honest. I'm so proud of her because she is everything I want to be as a person and even though I don't want to do law, she supports my music.
************************************
O

kay, so I know that I already. Posted this book, but I would like your feedback so I know whether or not I need to delete it from my draft.

I will be leaving this up here for 24 hours, so please tell me how you feel about this book and whether or not it should be published before it's deleted

Thank you 😘