Not to burn yourself one day

"Anyone who plays with fire eventually burns their fingers," Mouch told his visitor on the couch, "Be careful not to burn yourself one day," Mouch said.

Liam rolled his eyes annoyed. For days he was allowed to listen to such sayings. They treated him as if he were invisible and the next moment they look at him as if he were an alien. His father did not understand that it was hell to come to work with him. He did not feel like home 51 anymore.

Either he had to help with the maintenance of the equipment, cleaning or doing other things for them. Meanwhile, he was caught in front of 7 buildings, who was set in fires.

"Don't you have any homework?" Matt asked. He noticed that Liam had been sitting in front of the television for a long time. Liam sighed, got up, picked up his backpack and disappeared.

"You're too strict, Matt," Gabby said.

"Too strict, because I want him to do his homework?" Matt wondered.

"Your tone to your son," she said.

"What? I talked to him normally!" He said.

"Yeah, like he's a felon!" Gabby said, "You punished Liam enough."

"And yet the boy didn't understand," Hermann intervened, "If you ask me, he must be taught a proper lesson."

"Yeah? Which one?" Gabby asked curiously.

"Well, I probably would have...", Hermann thought for a moment, "Well, you know."

"No, we don't," Matt said annoyed and disappeared into his office, where he met Liam.

"I have paperwork to do, so if you could find another place..." Matt said.

Without comment, Liam stood up and sat down with his duties on the ground.

He never looked up to his father. Matt took a deep breath and studied his son worriedly before he squatted down in front of him.

"Listen, I don't want to argue with you or punish you by staying on 51," he explained, "but I'm trying to protect you. Mouch said something important earlier. If you're not careful, you'll burn yourself someday. And I don't want that. That's why you're here on 51, where I can keep an eye on you."

"I think I have to do something else," Liam said and wanted to get up when Matt stopped him and held his arm, "Liam. Please don't be angry with me, okay? I'm just worried about you," Matt said.

"You do not believe me, you accuse me of arson and send me to the psychiatrist, because you think that I am disturbed and then I should still like you?", Liam asked stunned, "Just leave me alone!" Liam hissed. In trying to free himself from the grip of his father, he hit him in the face accidentally, because his father would not let him go.

Quickly Liam disappeared from Matt's office while Matt carefully grabbed to his face.

"Are you okay?" Gabby asked softly and knelt down to him, "Let's see." She examined the black below his eye, "You should put ice on it and that gives a nice black eye."

"He hates me," Matt sighed.

"Oh no, don't say that even if he punched you, he still loves you," Gabby said, "It was the same with me," Gabby said, thinking briefly about the initial difficulties with Liam.

"It was me. I held him, even though he wanted to leave. It was an accident."

"Matt, don't blame yourself. Whatever is going on in Liam's head right now, I'm sure there is a simple explanation," she said.

"It would be better," said Matt and at the same time sounded the electronic announcement. Immediately, Matt and Gabby hurried to their vehicles.

Liam took advantage of the silence and did his homework at the squad table. A call meant a relief for him, because then he did not have to endure the looks of others.

He was a little surprised when the Squad 3 returned after a short time, but it was nothing unusual. Sometimes, when you're no longer needed, you drive back earlier.

Kelly got out and walked slowly to Liam, "Liam?" Kelly said. "We have to go to Med. There was an accident."

Thank you all for your review. It means a lot of me. Write me what you thinks. Please.